Like Tree24Likes

Has anyone used GoGo Van?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Only used once but (almost 3 years ago), but worked fine, reasonable, etc. There were 4 of us moving dismantled Ikea loft frame bed across Pok Fu Lam so didn’t need help lifting at either end.

GoGoVan - one of many HK pluses.

Great experience with GogoVan. As good as Uber for ease of use and coordination.

Try off peak times.
    Be careful about measuring the size as some of the vans have a limited capacity (length wise).
    Be generous with the tip. More likely to get a driver that will help.

jdf21st likes this.

I use gogowan a lot. Most guys seem alright. Had a few unpleasant ones too. Had one guy who had that typical boorish HK attitude. Said I couldn't sit in the back, and made me sit in the front. When he drove, he was tailgating and weaving all over the place at speed of up to 80km/h. He tried to drop me off a couple blocks away from my destination and charge the full fare. I reported him to gogowan. One of their reps called and offered me cash credit for my next ride. I declined and told them I'd rather they carefully consider the risk that driver is to other innocent road users. Thus, the PR nightmare it would create for gogovan if that driver caused an accident.

jdf21st likes this.

Anyone used Gogovan recently? The app seems to have changed, it's now called GogoX, and it's all in Chinese... or appears to be, unless there's a hidden link somewhere. Anyone know how to navigate the thing in English?

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Mundo:
    Anyone used Gogovan recently? The app seems to have changed, it's now called GogoX, and it's all in Chinese... or appears to be, unless there's a hidden link somewhere. Anyone know how to navigate the thing in English?
    Just tried the old site then updated the app. I have a feeling you may have inadvertently changed the language as mine is still in English

In Settings it is the second option check that and you should hopefully flip back to English
    Eddy Mundo likes this.

Menu > settings > app preference (first row from bottom) let you change the language
    Eddy Mundo likes this.

Cool. Fixed it. Thanks guys!

just downloaded it to android phone.

top left is 3 lines, u press that and look for the Screw (settings), then you choose the second selection (2 Chinese letters in two boxes), that is for changing the language to ENGLISH, choose English then press the blue button to confirm.
    Eddy Mundo likes this.

I usually use LaLaMove as drivers are much friendlier, whereas Gogovan drivers can be quite rude. I could be wrong, but its like LaLaMove went through background checks and basic company training for their drivers. That's the impression they gave me.

Can be used in English as well.

Eddy Mundo likes this.

Most drivers are members of both apps.

Mr Chips likes this.