Bank cards from overeas lost in transport

Closed Thread

Bank cards from overeas lost in transport

I am just wondering if this is a common issue or not. I have a bank account in Germany, the bank tried now several times to send the debit cards to me by air mail. I got the password, so they got my address correct, but I never got the cards. Happen more than once.

Do they get stolen on the way? Obviously you can feel that there is a card inside. I wonder if anyone else had problems with lost bank cards.

Haven't had that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by happy_camper:
    I am just wondering if this is a common issue or not. I have a bank account in Germany, the bank tried now several times to send the debit cards to me by air mail. I got the password, so they got my address correct, but I never got the cards. Happen more than once.

Do they get stolen on the way? Obviously you can feel that there is a card inside. I wonder if anyone else had problems with lost bank cards.
    I had a similar case though not involving an overseas bank/institution. Amex (HK) posted a replacement card (credit) to my address but I never ever received it. It was a HUGE mystery ,since every other letters arrived safe and sound with the same address mentioned , while the letter bearing the card failed to. After like hundreds of messages and calling back and forth, finally the manager of "something department" admitted that the card had been returned back to them due to an INCOMPLETE ADDRESS. The audacity...!! Yours could be same.