Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By imparanoic
  • 3 Post By emx
  • 2 Post By big_panda

NOV TV Box, remote control lost and CHUNGHOP remote code.

Closed Thread
  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    52

    NOV TV Box, remote control lost and CHUNGHOP remote code.

    I have NOW TV subscription with the box, but never really used and I lost the remote.

    Rather than calling PCCW for replacement, which I might, I have a CHUNGHOP remote on hand.

    Has anyone successfully here paired a CHUNGHOP remote with their NOV TV box, and if so, do you know the code?

    Long shot but I thought I try, thanks!


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11,711
    Quote Originally Posted by peblo:
    I have NOW TV subscription with the box, but never really used and I lost the remote.

    Rather than calling PCCW for replacement, which I might, I have a CHUNGHOP remote on hand.

    Has anyone successfully here paired a CHUNGHOP remote with their NOV TV box, and if so, do you know the code?

    Long shot but I thought I try, thanks!
    why not just buy orginal nowtv remote from carousel than probable months of fustration of third party remotes.

    https://hk.carousell.com/p/now-tv-re...I59XH4DBVBuvNB
    emx likes this.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    52

    Because I just have the CHUNGHOP remote spare and could save a few dollars.

    But your suggestion sounds great, thanks.


  4. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6,772
    Quote Originally Posted by peblo:
    Because I just have the CHUNGHOP remote spare and could save a few dollars.
    NOW TV will charge you for the missing remote when you return the box at some point, so just get a replacement as suggested above.
    imparanoic, shri and peblo like this.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    998
    Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    NOW TV will charge you for the missing remote when you return the box at some point, so just get a replacement as suggested above.
    Yup agree, you wont be saving anything because now tv will slap you with a replacement remote charge!
    imparanoic and shri like this.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11,711
    Quote Originally Posted by peblo:
    Because I just have the CHUNGHOP remote spare and could save a few dollars.

    But your suggestion sounds great, thanks.
    hk$35 for used now tv remote, but if you're happy with third party one, let it be

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    NOW TV will charge you for the missing remote when you return the box at some point, so just get a replacement as suggested above.
    100% very true. They'll probably charge me an arm and a leg too. Thanks

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Cramped island
    Posts
    5,682

    these guys usually charge you the new equipment PRICE of the controller, even though the controller has been in use for 5/10/15 years and would have depreciated totally.. haha.. so ya the best choice is to buy one from the secondary market and you can return that to them eventually