Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By hannah01
  • 3 Post By bdw
  • 1 Post By MABinPengChau

Australian Consulate Document certifying

Closed Thread

Australian Consulate Document certifying

Hello people, does anyone know what the fee is for document certification at the Australian Consulate? Thanks in advance.

Nice to see another country with crazy service prices just like the US, I always thought we just were getting some special rip-off treatment of 400 HKD to notarize a document (when it is about 40 HKD to do it in the US).

Kaosommadawn likes this.

Thank you hannah01

The Australian government is an absolute ripoff. $2361 for an adult passport, Japan is only $750! Inside Australia, the Aussie passport is already the most expensive in the world at AU$293 (HK$1500), then from 2015 they add on an "overseas processing fee" another 50% of the price. Before 2015, they used to brag about how the cost of an Aussie passport is the same no matter where you are in the world, then suddenly in 2015 these asshats changed their website and added a massive 50% overseas fee on top of the already most expensive passport in the world.

On top of this, they stopped issuing the 64 page 'frequent traveller passports' that used to be good value otherwise i need a new passport every few years. Recently I think I found out why they do this, because their stupid "SmartGate" machines at Australian airports can't fit a 64 page passport full of visa's in properly. I stuck my current 64 page passport in the machine and had to force it in a bit and it worked fine, but then later i noticed the corner front page of my passport has a small rip. Then when leaving Australia, the assholes at border force told me my passport is ripped and I need a new one now.

Also their fees for witnessing mortgage documents etc is ridiculous at over HK$5000. It did it at the Australian embassy in Tokyo a few years ago and was a thousand times cheaper. These fools know it's ridiculous and even mention on their website below "You might want to first contact a notary public to see if they can witness your documents for a lower fee". It's as if they know it's ridiculous but the government twisted their arm and forced them to charge these high amounts so they are apologising at the same time as ripping you off.

https://hongkong.china.embassy.gov.a...RVAU_Fees.html