• 1 Post By Chunster
  • 3 Post By Elegiaque
  • 1 Post By gch555
  • 1 Post By MABinPengChau
  • 1 Post By gch555

Using a portable BBQ on the beach

Closed Thread

Question Using a portable BBQ on the beach

Would this be against any rules? It's a small Gas BBQ running off mini camping gas canisters so not smokey.

Can't imagine it being a problem in the vicinity of fixed BBQ pits like at shek o, but was thinking about some of the other quieter spots.

In HK's public areas you are not even allowed to fart. There is a division (10,000) of civil servants to make sure that that will not happen.

i think it should be ok as long as your not running a restaurant, ive done it b4 and no one has said anything

Kowloon Goon likes this.

Technically it's against the beach ordinance.

See the bit about lighting a fire..

Name:  Screenshot_20190604-062045.png
Views: 374
Size:  345.8 KB

Come to Peng Chau, totally empty beaches, no patrol by anyone that I have ever seen. Doubt anyone will bother you.

If it's discrete I don't think it's a problem. But if it's an LCSD beach you may be stopped.

I believe in country parks it's banned.

It may not seem like it this time of the year, but hill fires are a serious issue and cause a lot of ecological damage. So in the dry season, don't be a twat.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Come to Peng Chau, totally empty beaches, no patrol by anyone that I have ever seen. Doubt anyone will bother you.
    Careful now, or else you'll get hordes of groups, their barbecues and worst of all the rubbish they'll leave behind.

Enjoy your quiet beaches
    MABinPengChau likes this.

We have a huge barbecue area on the east beach, an easy walk from the ferry. Covered shelter area, seating, etc. So most of the barbecue seekers just head over there...no one drags all their stuff as far as the deserted beaches...

gch555 likes this.

I've seen that beach on a busy day, holy moly.

Speaking of, I haven't been there in a couple of years and my kid is old enough to come with... I might head over for a bit of a wander and some seafood. Might go find some of these beaches (sans bbq). Glad I found this thread!

MABinPengChau likes this.

Rent some bicycles or bring a scooter or whatever your child likes to ride on...it's also a good place to learn to ride a bicycle, if that's a thing you need. The nature walk around the island at the end of Peng Lei road is really pretty and that is where all the empty beaches are- I have seen some evidence of campfires there, really, anything goes. At the park benches along the waterfront next to the pier, locals bring out small charcoal grills and set up camp in the evenings. Pretty much no one bugs you if you are reasonably quiet and clean up after yourself.