View Poll Results: How do you view yourself as an expat in HK?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mobile

11 37.93%
  • Stuck

4 13.79%
  • Rooted

14 48.28%
Like Tree37Likes

Are you mobile, stuck or rooted?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Mobile. We concluded that money isn’t everything and giving our daughter a proper place to grow up is more important so we are out of here by September this year. She is very excited to start her secondary school in Europe and we look forward to long evenings outside entertaining friends.

Rooted. Hong Kong is one cool place. So is China.

Europe North of the Alps is so boring.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    Yeah.. agreed. And this is relevant because? I can name quite a few boring places. Anyway, I believe mobility is key in keeping an open mind, staying young and curious. I vowed a long time ago we will never live again in a place where we lived before and I intend to keep that promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardstorm:
    Yeah.. agreed. And this is relevant because? I can name quite a few boring places. Anyway, I believe mobility is key in keeping an open mind, staying young and curious. I vowed a long time ago we will never live again in a place where we lived before and I intend to keep that promise.
    Because people there might remember you? Just joking. It is sometimes strange going back to where you have lived before, you have moved on but the place not so much.

I'm sure you like the south, they are just as corrupt as your bosses.
    Edwardstorm likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    I'm sure you like the south, they are just as corrupt as your bosses.
    Bang on. My bosses are German.

Bang on. My bosses are German.
    Have you tried experiencing Hong Kong properly by working several years for a Chinese boss? See if you still believe in that happy wonderfull China bubble after that.
    shri and HK_Katherine like this.

Have you tried experiencing Hong Kong properly by working several years for a Chinese boss? See if you still believe in that happy wonderfull China bubble after that.

So you had a Chinese boss and decided all of China sucks. Talk about carrying a chip on one's shoulder.

So you had a Chinese boss and decided all of China sucks. Talk about carrying a chip on one's shoulder.
    Nope, I never had a Chinese boss but I lived in China many years owning my own business before I moved to Hong Kong. You on the other hand live in Hong Kong, work for German bosses and worship China. Have you ever actually lived in China?
    TheBrit and mrgoodkat like this.

Nope, I never had a Chinese boss...
    Then what was that quib about? What did Chinese bosses do to you that you have a need to talk about them like this? And what makes Hong Kong or China not a proper place?