Like Tree23Likes

Left iphone in taxi Saturday night... 2 Pacific Place

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Left iphone in taxi Saturday night... 2 Pacific Place

Left my phone - iphone xr in taxi on Saturday June 15 at 7:30pm. Was dropped off at 2 Pacific Place and saw an expat/visitor get into cab right after me. 2 seconds after taxi took off, I realized I left my phone in the car. Phone is on airplane mode. Light purple color with picture of dog on the back of case.

Chances I get it back?

Fingers crossed. Have you reported it to the police? I lost mine after the dragon boating last Friday night in Stanley and despite thinking that was it, reported it missing via the online form. I had a call from the police within 10 minutes, telling me that it had been handed in to the local police station. Unfortunately, they were only able to tell me that it had been found by an Indonesian helper, so I wasn't able to thank her personally.

Open iCloud.com in any web browser.
    Click on Find iPhone in the main menu.
    Enter your Apple ID and password and sign in if prompted.
    Click on All Devices at the top.
    Click the device name for the device you'd like to track.

Morrison likes this.

That won't work on airplane mode. Report to police and hope for good news.

shri and Tom007 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tinlissie:
    Fingers crossed. Have you reported it to the police? I lost mine after the dragon boating last Friday night in Stanley and despite thinking that was it, reported it missing via the online form. I had a call from the police within 10 minutes, telling me that it had been handed in to the local police station. Unfortunately, they were only able to tell me that it had been found by an Indonesian helper, so I wasn't able to thank her personally.
    Send a letter tro the DVC of the station where you collected the phone and ask the DVC to forward it to the finder
    The police keep records of the finder since the found item becomes the finder's property after x months if not collected
    tinlissie likes this.

what happens when you call the phone
    if the finder played with it and the cell connectivity is on you can track it

Quote Originally Posted by dynamco:
    what happens when you call the phone
    if the finder played with it and the cell connectivity is on you can track it
    Very unlikely that the phone ain't locked. Can you even have a phone without lock anymore?

the finder does not need a password

Touch the "Settings" icon on your iPhone's home screen.
    Tap the "On/Off" button next to Airplane Mode at the top of the Settings window so that the button reads "Off."
    Verify that airplane mode is off by looking at the upper left corner of your iPhone screen; when you disable airplane mode, the airplane icon disappears.

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    Very unlikely that the phone ain't locked. Can you even have a phone without lock anymore?
    Airplane mode on iphone can be turned on and off on the home screen (no need to unlock)

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Just filed a police report like tinlissie suggested. Hadn't even occurred to me for some reason. iphone is on airplane mode so basically untrackable via icloud. Just tried anyway and it's off the grid (ie: turned off). Phone calls to my phone go straight to voicemail too. If the finder turns off airplane mode which is accessible without my password, there is hope. It's been a few days so I'm thinking the likely scenario is that the taxi driver got a shiny new phone or a lot of cash for one. The phone is so new, didn't even pull off the factory film off the back

Hoping for the best, expecting the worst.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast