PR Question

PR Question

Hello All,

Got a PR dilemma............

I've been offered a job outside of HK which is a great opportunity but i'm 16 months from qualifying for PR. Given the time i've stayed here and how much the family love HK we would really like to get it. and be open to a return in the future.

Is there a way of achieving both for one year?

Can i come back for XXX amount of days per year to qualify?

Or do i need to pay HK taxes?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Q4
    https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/faq/faqroa.html

Contact Visa Geezer Barnes
    Hong Kong Visa Centre Service Reviews

it is possible to be employed in Hong Kong and work elsewhere to show ‘ordinarily resident’ but you need to consult him

Quote Originally Posted by marshy104
    Hello All,

Got a PR dilemma............

I've been offered a job outside of HK which is a great opportunity but i'm 16 months from qualifying for PR. Given the time i've stayed here and how much the family love HK we would really like to get it. and be open to a return in the future.

Is there a way of achieving both for one year?

Can i come back for XXX amount of days per year to qualify?

Or do i need to pay HK taxes?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Does “Offered job outside HK”, you will be employed by HK company and send to work outside HK?
    If yes, you will be considered as ordinary resident with few periodic visits back to HK where you maintain your habitual residence.

Typically, the question is:
    1) did you have a valid employment visa for 7 continuous years (so I imagine your current visa takes you through 7 years, if not then you would need to remain in HK with your current employer until it expires, then renew it
    2) did you leave HK for any period greater than 6 months? This is one of the tests checked when you apply, so if you did this already, your application will likely be checked more closely

So if you can meet 1 & 2, I believe it is very easy to get PR. So in theory as long as your visa is valid and you come back every 6 months (be careful not to exceed) then maybe your application is streamlined right through.

If your visa expires on the 7 year date, you will likely need to plan to stay in HK at the time of applying for PR and until the application interview date.

I'm not an expert and you should seek advice, these are just my thoughts.