Like Tree4Likes

Complaint against Office of Licensing Authority - Home Affairs Department

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Original Post Deleted
    I wasted 20 minutes looking at the photos on the website. All of the ones in my area had the wrong outlook or the wrong window designs etc. Also, the map had no locations on our exact location.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    The whole badge / warrant card thing - an immigration team that visited our office told me that they're not allowed to let anyone take photos of their badges because they might be copied and abused. The team leader was quite happy to give me a business card with a number to call to verify that they were immigration officers.

If it was the licensing authority, call the chief officer listed here:

https://tel.directory.gov.hk/0253000271_ENG.html
    Thanks.

I got cards and took photos of them. Should I post them here?

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    Thanks.

I got cards and took photos of them. Should I post them here?
    Does not solve your problem and perhaps causes more problems for people just "doing their jobs". Does it?

Call the CO and tell him you're being harassed by his officers?

Original Post Deleted
    Quite possibly - there are plenty of people complain that the Airbnb photos/locations shown on the website bore little or no resemblance to the actual accommodation.
    TheBrit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Does not solve your problem and perhaps causes more problems for people just "doing their jobs". Does it?

Call the CO and tell him you're being harassed by his officers?
    I wasn't seriously considering posting their photos (should have used an emoji in that post) but I'll see what response I get from the e-mail before escalating or ....

.... moving on to my next gripe (a research company that refuses to take me off their mailing list in violation of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance). Clearly I have too much spare time on my hands.
    Sith likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    I wasted 20 minutes looking at the photos on the website. All of the ones in my area had the wrong outlook or the wrong window designs etc. Also, the map had no locations on our exact location.
    Well, depending on what date range you select will show completely different properties available. I've got a mate who goes to Shanghai one weekend a month, puts his apartment on airbnb for those few nights he is away, the money he gets from airbnb usually covers his airfare and he stays with another friend in Shanghai. So costs him nothing.