Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    VPN is the answer
    for that you only get 2 years in jail - what an idiot advice

Quote Originally Posted by nivek2046:
    no Google, Facebook or Whatsapp?

is Netflix available there?
    this explains a lot of your posts How old are you>?

Quote Originally Posted by Elefant&Castle:
    There is no forever in China - no permanent residency no matter how long you work there.
    Even if you marry, you have to go to the public security bureau every year to get a "visit family" visa.
    Well, there is a permanent residence visa, but I agree, China is not a place one can stay forever. It takes its toll, more so than HK.

Any respectable company willing to hire you as an expat will handle the taxes for you. It isn't something you'll need to worry about. The foreigners in my sphere (all white guys) love their time in China. One in particular still refuse to leave after 15 years and even managed to learn a local dialect. Will you survive without FB and Netflix? Do these things matter to you? Would you like to gain fluency in the native language? Visit some spectacular places? I lived in Shanghai decades ago when Pudong was just farmland. It is an interesting place. Shanghai is a bit more "civilised" than the rest of China so the transition won't be difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by dynamco:
    for that you only get 2 years in jail - what an idiot advice
    Piss of you IDIOT, how many ppl do you hear being jailed for using VPN in China or even foreigners, I know plenty of people using it and going to China and back weekly, I know plenty of people in China that are using it, how the fuck do you think they access FB / YT.

You dont have anything valuable to add go back to posting data on the Cigarette thread ya muppet.

Quote Originally Posted by dynamco:
    this explains a lot of your posts How old are you>?
    Again who the fuck are you, the GEO Police lol

go back to spanking your monkey ya muppet.
    nivek2046 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jonastainine:
    Any respectable company willing to hire you as an expat will handle the taxes for you. It isn't something you'll need to worry about. The foreigners in my sphere (all white guys) love their time in China. One in particular still refuse to leave after 15 years and even managed to learn a local dialect.
    Same for our Expats that are based in China, some have been there for over 20 years, some still cant speak Mandarin apart from the usual thank you / excuse me etc basic stuff. They still love it up there.

Quote Originally Posted by nivek2046:
    no Google, Facebook or Whatsapp?

is Netflix available there?
    For the amount he is getting (and I assume he will still return to HK regularly), it could be worth keeping a HK sim and roaming in China. I found international roaming still allows access to Facebook, Instagram and Whatsapp.