Christian Officiant for Vow Ceremony Needed

Closed Thread

Question Christian Officiant for Vow Ceremony Needed

Hello. My husband and I legally married in Hong Kong recently, which was a civil ceremony in an office, but our wedding ceremony for family and friends will be in November. I have been trying to find anyone similar to a Catholic priest that would be able to do a Christian Vow Ceremony for us outside. I grew up Catholic and my husband grew up Buddhist, but we are not currently practicing.

The Vow Ceremony is essentially for religious purposes, so it’s frustrating that I cannot find anyone to do the ceremony. I am aware of the rules for Catholic marriages, which is why I am looking in all denominations and not for a Catholic priest. An Episcopal priest would be the closest, but would they marry a Catholic and a Buddhist? If anyone has any information, please post it. Thank you.

All the churches I know about here would expect a couple to have completed premarital counselling either under their auspices, or at least with an affiliate church overseas who could provide a reference. In a place where Christians are such a minority, the more nominal, liberal groups don't have much of a foothold.

The two groups I can think of which might have a more relaxed attitude (but no promises) would be the International Methodist Church, https://www.michk.com. or the Anglican cathedral, St John's Cathedral 聖約翰座堂