Like Tree16Likes

SCMP: an online dreadful experience

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SCMP: an online dreadful experience

The worst mobile news site i've encountered. Slow, very slow; loaded with dopey popups; way too many videos (unrequested). I often must close the page due to waiting waiting and waiting.
    Click on other news sites and i get fast response but not here.

I wonder if other mobile readers get same response and if the SCMP has planned this for perhaps some method of secret tracking so that Alibaba (SCMP owner and commie member) can report info to mainland.

Maybe it's all me but i'm really losing interest....in waiting. Somewhat better on Macbook pro laptop. It's the Android mobile that's approaching impossible.

Totally horrendous website, on mobile or desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by jobin:
    The worst mobile news site i've encountered. Slow, very slow; loaded with dopey popups; way too many videos (unrequested). I often must close the page due to waiting waiting and waiting.
    Click on other news sites and i get fast response but not here.

I wonder if other mobile readers get same response and if the SCMP has planned this for perhaps some method of secret tracking so that Alibaba (SCMP owner and commie member) can report info to mainland.

Maybe it's all me but i'm really losing interest....in waiting. Somewhat better on Macbook pro laptop. It's the Android mobile that's approaching impossible.
    Yea, i was just thinking the same here. I was trying to read the latest but gave up as the page was so slow.

I guess they made it in china

What I don't get about using the browser version on a mobile is why when you scroll down it wants to scroll to the side -- ends up getting stuck. Simply impossible to use. I gave up some time ago.

Yes agreed, a pile of dog shit. Why can other papers do it excellently but not SCMP?

My paper is delivered to my phone every morning for free both in full paper format or with a click to text versions of each story that I can just swipe through. I can save, bookmark, share with just a click. Works fast and like clockwork. I could read the whole paper while I am waiting for a story from SCMP to load.

MandM! and Loz_2 like this.

Slightly off-topic, but I wonder just how much of the comments on the SCMP are real posters as opposed to paid-you-know-what.

You’re always whining about something lol

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Slightly off-topic, but I wonder just how much of the comments on the SCMP are real posters as opposed to paid-you-know-what.
    My estimate is about 10% are real.
    Coolboy likes this.

I think we should be complaining about SCMP's writing. Good god do they have some bad writers.

NateM and hullexile like this.

At least it is free. Back home, The Australian, The Age, etc. are all paid subscriptions...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast