Like Tree6Likes

Landlord refuses to return my money

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Most typical leases require two months notice when breaking, are you sure yours is only one? Then again, most typical leases dont pay quarterly either so sounds like you were on quite a unique arrangement. Good luck!

If the landlord has a new tenant then they might let you in with the bailiffs. They will be only too happy to identify what belongs to the landlord.

what kind of tenancy agreement did you sign and why was the landlady address not shown on the document? when you paid the rent was it to a bank account ? if so you can garnishee the account

dymanco - Thanks! Good idea!! Do you know how I can obtain garnishee order? Do I need to submit an application to the court or what is the procedure? Does anyone know?

Hi After8, I have sent you a PM.

CLIC - Bringing or Defending a Civil Case: How to enforce a court judgment after winning the case

garnishee the new tenant's oayments to t e landlady
    since you seem to be not up to speed in DIY lawyering pay a lawyer
    she will have to pay his party-party costs

contact Massieclement lawyers

If you know her bank account number, you can enforce the small claims tribunal judgment in the district court through garnishee proceedings, as a lawyer I have done it many times

wilfhk - Thanks. Can tell me where I can find the application form of garnishee proceedings? Where to submit it together with the court order? The entire process of small claim tribunal was vey simply to me and it was easy to find the whole procedures on the internet. But it doesn’t seem that is the case for garnishee proceedings. I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by After8:
    wilfhk - Thanks. Can tell me where I can find the application form of garnishee proceedings? Where to submit it together with the court order? The entire process of small claim tribunal was vey simply to me and it was easy to find the whole procedures on the internet. But it doesn’t seem that is the case for garnishee proceedings. I could be wrong.
    Unfortunately no forms are available on the internet, you are instead required to file a thing called "affirmation" plus a "draft order" to the district court. (district courts are much less accessible to laymen than Small Claims Tribunals)

The requirements as to the application are stated in Order 49 of the Rules of District Court

Drop me a PM if you want to discuss further.
    Last edited by wilfhk; 12-09-2019 at 08:20 PM.