Like Tree83Likes

Any rumours about local, international schools in HK?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

I also heard that all non-IB students at international schools are dumb and low achievers.

Open a fake FB account as a women and then join HK MOMS FB group, you're bound to hear all kinds of shit about schools on there i assume LOL

Kowloon Goon likes this.

You sound like you're a character from the in-betweeners!

Which schools are notorious?

Which schools are for the triad/gangsters? Which schools have lot of bullying, theft, vandalism, drugs, alcohol?

LSOffice likes this.

Why? Do you have a child you want to send there?

Quote Originally Posted by wankNstein:
    Basically what are some bad rumours that the students do in local/international schools? Say what school.
    There is a lot of suppression going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauljoecoe:
    Why? Do you have a child you want to send there?
    No, I just want to know. I'm just a student

Quote Originally Posted by wankNstein:
    Which schools are for the triad/gangsters? Which schools have lot of bullying, theft, vandalism, drugs, alcohol?
    Are you hoping for contacts for personal use, or is this for a school project? Either way, you will find that regardless of the scholastic prestige, money can buy you almost anything here in HKG. If youths have plenty of access to money and very little guidance by a moral figure or low self esteem and boredom, then they will be more likely to counter the offences you mention. Look into bullying in certain expensive ESF schools and you should be able to come up with some figures. Also drugs, vandalism. These actions are usually coming from outside influences, not from within the school. Outside influences include social media figures. How this is counteracted and eradicated depends upon how the school administration handles it. If students that attend that school are caught using, abusing and everything else, then it has nothing to do with the school but everything to do with outside influence. Recruiting for triads happens due to association, either by acquaintances or someone the person is related to, or a close family friend gets dragged into this life from threats and bullying.

Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit:
    Are you hoping for contacts for personal use, or is this for a school project? Either way, you will find that regardless of the scholastic prestige, money can buy you almost anything here in HKG. If youths have plenty of access to money and very little guidance by a moral figure or low self esteem and boredom, then they will be more likely to counter the offences you mention. Look into bullying in certain expensive ESF schools and you should be able to come up with some figures. Also drugs, vandalism. These actions are usually coming from outside influences, not from within the school. Outside influences include social media figures. How this is counteracted and eradicated depends upon how the school administration handles it. If students that attend that school are caught using, abusing and everything else, then it has nothing to do with the school but everything to do with outside influence. Recruiting for triads happens due to association, either by acquaintances or someone the person is related to, or a close family friend gets dragged into this life from threats and bullying.
    So which schools specifically?

About 3 years ago, KGV and HK academy in CWB and Sai Kung had an issue with drug dealing at both schools. One of my mate's daughter's at KGV was one of the teenagers involved in a school investigation and very narrowly escaped expulsion.

Shiz happens I spose where hk brats of wealthier expat parents are involved. Nothing new as it has probably been going on for years and likely will continue.

Drugs that were dealt ranged from weed, ketamine, and cocaine. Alcohol also featured a bit outside of school on the weekends at the park and along the waterfront, which doesnt really surprise me, as a lot of the expat parents themselves. ( in this area ) are heavy drinkers, as represented most weekends in the usual places, ergo Jaspa's, picturhouse, the boozer, poets bar and Bacco. Monkey see, monkey do..

imparanoic likes this.