Like Tree20Likes

Fall is approaching, yay!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile
    How do Americans say "autumnal"?
    Sweater weather.
    shri, hullexile and Coolboy like this.

I just like to find a weekend to lie on a piece of grass without mosquitoes buzzing around you and not getting sunburned or sweating a ton. Just to relax and de-stress from a hard week of work. Or maybe go to a beach in the evening and listen to the waves washing ashore without feeling so hot and sticky.

There are plenty of beaches but not a lot of green lawns in HK to be honest, at least for a city of this size. The lawn at Victoria Park is usually jam-packed with maids on the weekends, so it has to be somewhere a little farther. Hmmm...yes, come to think of it, the lawns around the Disney hotels is actually not a bad place to find a comfortable spot. Disneyland the theme park is well...rather debatable place to visit, it comes down entirely to whether you like Disney attractions or not. But the Disney hotels and the associated lawns are actually quite nice I have to say.

Last edited by Coolboy; 23-09-2019 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy
    I just like to find a weekend to lie on a piece of grass without mosquitoes buzzing around you and not getting sunburned or sweating a ton. Just to relax and de-stress from a hard week of work. Or maybe go to a beach in the evening and listen to the waves washing ashore without feeling so hot and sticky.

There are plenty of beaches but not a lot of green lawns in HK to be honest, at least for a city of this size. The lawn at Victoria Park is usually jam-packed with maids on the weekends, so it has to be somewhere a little farther. Hmmm...yes, come to think of it, the lawns around the Disney hotels is actually not a bad place to find a comfortable spot. Disneyland the theme park is well...rather debatable place to visit, it comes down entirely to whether you like Disney attractions or not. But the Disney hotels and the associated lawns are actually quite nice I have to say.
    Lion Rock Country Park near Won Tai Sin in Chuk Un has quiet, grassy areas a short distance from bbq areas and restrooms/showers. Highly recommended.
    Coolboy likes this.

Kimwy66 was right last time, that short period of relative coolness came from the typhoon. But today I feel there is a real sense of fall, there is a cool breezing blowing, the humidity has dropped and I actually felt comfortable walking outside without sweating much at all.

Anyone else feel the heat has lifted from HK?

Last edited by Coolboy; 16-10-2019 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy
    Kimwy66 was right last time, that short period of relative coolness came from the typhoon. But today I feel there is a real sense of fall, there is a cool breezing blowing, the humidity has dropped and I actually felt comfortable walking outside without sweating much at all.

Anyone else feel the heat has lifted from HK?
    It has! Last 2 days were exceptionally nice. Morning's and evenings on the rooftop are comfortable and breezy...
    Coolboy likes this.

Jordan Valley Park.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2