Like Tree1Likes

Where can I buy 4040 Aluminium extrusion in HK?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where can I buy 4040 Aluminium extrusion in HK?

Title says it all. Need a shop selling 4040 aluminium and fittings. My Google fu has let me down.

Not the sort of thing you usually see on the street, but you could try asking around here. There are several stores in a row that sell Alu, they might be able to order it in.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/76...!4d114.1655266

imparanoic likes this.

I literally saw those in a small shop the other day walking somewhere LOL. Ahhh can't remember where.

Random one I found on google

https://www.5metal.com.hk/content/%E...93%A0%E5%A3%93

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...Bb7msBF4JGgK4D

@jgl: Walked around Sham Shui Po and Mong Kok. Couldn't find anything and non of the hardware store people seemed to know where I could try.

@jack55: Thanks for the reply, this looks like trunking though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sand:
    @jack55: Thanks for the reply, this looks like trunking though.
    Ooops sorry, very limited knowledge (ie none) on this stuff. Wish I could help.

Quote Originally Posted by Sand:
    @jgl: Walked around Sham Shui Po and Mong Kok. Couldn't find anything and non of the hardware store people seemed to know where I could try.

Did you find those metal supply stores and ask? It's one section of one street that I marked. They carry extrusions, off memory the simpler shapes though, I've not seen that T-square stuff before. And were you after sufficient quantity for them to be interested in ordering?

Looks like you've been in HK long enough to realise that if a store doesn't carry something in stock, they are usually completely disinterested in even trying to think of where else you can get it from and just say "no", so hardware store places will definitely be saying "no".

I did that research a while ago and found zero hits in HK. Taobao is one way, but you probably need an shipping agent.

Note that 4040 comes in different load qualities.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    I did that research a while ago and found zero hits in HK. Taobao is one way, but you probably need an shipping agent.

Note that 4040 comes in different load qualities.

There are plenty suppliers on Taobao (many based in Shenzhen) but they can't/won't ship to HK and I wasn't on planning on going to China until after the holidays. Looks like I might be making a trip.

Tai Kak Tsui is where all the metal shops are. Look West of Tong Mi Rd. They're located on the streets named after trees...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast