Like Tree5Likes

Matilda Show - HK ticketing refund for cancelled event

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

same issue, have been chasing both Lunchbox Productions and HKTicketing for months. An affiliate company of Lunchbox is in liquidation so I suspect they are heading for the same but blamed the protests/poor ticket sales to cancel the performance. Very frustrating given that the CEO of that company is apparently an OBE but showing complete dishonesty in handling of this issue. You can find phone numbers and email addresses for Lunchbox on their website (moderator wont let me post on here Alternatly if you booked on Credit Card you can raise a dispute claim with them and they will likely refund you (and chase the merchant on their own behalf).

Quote Originally Posted by SheungWanGirl
    same issue, have been chasing both Lunchbox Productions and HKTicketing for months. An affiliate company of Lunchbox is in liquidation so I suspect they are heading for the same but blamed the protests/poor ticket sales to cancel the performance. Very frustrating given that the CEO of that company is apparently an OBE but showing complete dishonesty in handling of this issue. You can find phone numbers and email addresses for Lunchbox on their website (moderator wont let me post on here Alternatly if you booked on Credit Card you can raise a dispute claim with them and they will likely refund you (and chase the merchant on their own behalf).
    I was aware of the possibility of getting refunds from credit card in the UK. Is that definitely a right here in Hong Kong. I paid with HSBC credit card.

I emailed lunchbox again. They are just sending out this auto response...even though I specifically said I didn't want an auto response. I wonder if anyone is actually reading the emails. I titled and worded the email differently to try and get a real response. I wonder if anyone is there?

Thank you for your email.

'Apologies for the delay in the refund details, we are currently working with all parties to prepare the refund procedure. I assure you we are working on this with utmost urgency and will update you as soon as the above information is in place.

'Thank you for your understanding

I just filed a dispute with AMEX over this. The lady seemed to know the show as a number of other people have done so also.

shri likes this.

Does anyone know the rules on chargeback? Is there a time limit? I’m thinking it maybe 2 months.

the tickets were purchased on June 23rd. However, I was not aware that it was being cancelled until mid September. Then I was told we would get a refund. If the production company has gone in to liquidation are HK ticketing liable for the refunds?

if not, will the credit card company honour charge back 3/4 months on from the transaction?

HKTicketing have washed their hands. You should dispute with CC, as cancellation not announced until Sept you will be fine

shri likes this.

There is an update on the HK Ticketing site

https://premier.hkticketing.com/Show...sh=CCMATI20919

Received email from them today.

Clearly they are obviously not happy about the situation and have encouraged ticket holders to donate the refund to the HK Academy which operated HK ticketing. It's obviously going to leave them short until Lunchbox situation is resolved. I wonder if credit card companies have forced this on them?

Poor show from both companies in regards communication. At least HK tickets have come good eventually. Not impressed with Lunchbox and their silence!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2