Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Skyhook
  • 1 Post By Loz_2
  • 1 Post By huja
  • 2 Post By huja
  • 2 Post By TigerSun

2020 - Movies to Watch

2020 - Movies to Watch

Guy Ritchie's, The Gentlemen, will be released from about the 24th of January,2020...

Should be quite a good watch, if you like the English gangster movie genre, which Mr Ritchie does so well if you consider how excellent, RockiNRolla, Revolver, Layer Cake, Snatch and Lock Stock And Two Smoking Barrel's, all were.

The trailer looks very promising

Coolboy and emx like this.

Watched the Laundromat on Netflix last night. Gary Oldman is one of the great actors living today. Was a good but not overly memorable film.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5865326/

Skyhook likes this.

John Wick 3 - Parabellum. I thought it would suck. It didn't. Quite watchable. A little drawn out in some of the fight scenes, but definitely a watchable movie.
    Skyhook likes this.

Daffodils looks like a bit of NZ scenic fun and it includes a great music soundtrack.

Last edited by Skyhook; 06-04-2020 at 03:42 PM.

Wife and I watched JoJo Rabbit yesterday. Would have liked to have been a fly on the wall for the pitch session to the studios . . .

"So this little kid has an imaginary friend . . . it's Hitler. Yeah, that Hitler. It's a comedy of sorts . . ."

I will say it has some groovy German versions of popular songs, my favorite being Helden: David Bowie singing Heroes in German.

tf19 and Sith like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook
    Guy Ritchie's, The Gentlemen, will be released from about the 24th of January,2020...

Should be quite a good watch, if you like the English gangster movie genre, which Mr Ritchie does so well if you consider how excellent, RockiNRolla, Revolver, Layer Cake, Snatch and Lock Stock And Two Smoking Barrel's, all were.

The trailer looks very promising

I should point, having seen this recently, the film is very stereotypical Guy Ritchie, a solid performer but covers no new ground, but for those of us that like/collect his films ( I do ) I thought it was a middle ground film of his. But, what I will say, Hugh Grant's character performance of Fletcher, is cinematic gold, he plays that role so well, you forget that it is the usually type casted, mild mannered, goofy, Hugh Grant, but this grub like Fletcher character instead. He just nails this character portrayal, which really helps make the movie a worthy watch imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook
    Daffodils looks like a bit of NZ scenic fun and it includes a great music soundtrack.

Thanks to the COVID-19 lock down, we have been able to catch up on some of the smaller independent movies I have been meaning to watch, but the kids usually commandeer the BIG Screen lol.. Last night we decided to watch Daffodils as a family and thoroughly enjoyed it. Loved the set locations and anybody who's a GenXer or older, Australian or Kiwi, will resonate with how the film looks. Was an enjoyable, nicely shot film, with familiar songs of the era, sung by Kimbra.

Maudie on Netflix.

I really enjoyed this true biopic about Maud Lewis (Sally Hawkins). Living with crippling arthritis and a belligerent aunt in rural Nova Scotia in the 1930s, but she has an indefatigable and eccentric spirit. After meeting another loner, (realistically played by Ethan Hawke), an ill-tempered, emotionally stifled fishmonger - against all odds her life starts to fall into place, including a career as a lauded folk artist.

Well crafted by first-time feature director Aisling Walsh who lovingly and sensitively captures the characters and coastal Canada. Probably not a film for Fast & Furious fans.
    Mefisto and Skyhook like this.