Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Seagulls!
  • 3 Post By rkenia852
  • 1 Post By shri

Quick question: backup cafe/place to use internet?

Closed Thread

Quick question: backup cafe/place to use internet?

Tomorrow I have a very important errand to run in Wan Chai, but I need to be home by 2:00 to run an online conference.

If I can't make it home in time and get stuck, where could I pop into with a good fast internet connection for 2 hours where I can talk online?

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Tomorrow I have a very important errand to run in Wan Chai, but I need to be home by 2:00 to run an online conference.

If I can't make it home in time and get stuck, where could I pop into with a good fast internet connection for 2 hours where I can talk online?
    This happens to me often, and the internet connection is academic. Is it possible that you can use your phone to create a hotspot? This opens up many more options.
    shri likes this.

Not sure if you're checking your PMs. Have sent you a solution if you need one.

jgl likes this.

Johnston Road
    Coffee Academics has a pretty reliable connection. 2 hrs without interruption, 3x total. So that's 6 hours.
    They also have a spot inside where you can sit and speak and have relative privacy.

Swatow Street
    Manson's Lot. They are smaller but very quiet between 2-4pm.
    shri, jgl and MandM! like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Not sure if you're checking your PMs. Have sent you a solution if you need one.
    Mystery and intrigue!