Like Tree6Likes

Moving a digital piano?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Have you checked the max size limits on MTR baggage?

Even if it's over, you might be able to get away with it if it looks like a one off vs some commercial thing.

I think it would fit into the trunk of a taxi, at bike minus one wheel does. You'd want to protect it though.

Manchesterhope and CharSiuNow like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Manchesterhope:
    So you're saying an 88 key slab digital piano can be taken on the MTR or a taxi?
    Correct, I'm saying I don't see a major problem.

Edit: abroad I've even used a taxi to transport big packages from Ikea. The driver didn't even grumble and he certainly appreciated the big tip.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Have you checked the max size limits on MTR baggage?

Even if it's over, you might be able to get away with it if it looks like a one off vs some commercial thing.
    I wouldn't do it in rush hour traffic (as a courtesy to other passengers) but on a Saturday morning, who cares?

(Answer: in HK no-one cares, as long as you don't cough in their face )

Edit: come to think of it, I've also transported a 2 mtr high Ikea package from their pick-up point by MTR and no-one batted an eyelid. I think you could probably transport a dismembered corpse on the MTR and people would be fine as long as it doesn't sneeze.
    Last edited by CharSiuNow; 24-11-2019 at 11:16 AM.
    jgl likes this.

Check out Thomann if you are buying new. We just bought an electronic drum set, price including delivery to HK was much cheaper than buying here. Delivery to your door.

https://www.thomann.de/intl/hk/keys.html

Quote Originally Posted by Manchesterhope:

A solution is a digital piano.
    If you're still looking, I've seen some great deals in both Tom Lee and Tsang Fook (Wan Chai) and I bet Parsons must have some options too.