Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By resurection

National Visa - Switzerland

Closed Thread

Wink National Visa - Switzerland

hey guys,

just wondering if someone has ever applied for a national visa type D to Switzerland based on family reunification from here in HK. wanted to know ur experience, waiting time for the visa to arrive, potential problems and etc.

thanks,

m

Ehhh Swiss, most complicated country getting a residence permit. To get an answer 1st what's your nationality?

Hi!I’m Russian. My husband is from UK and he got a job offer. Plan is: he goes first and I join him..

You gonna wait a quite long than, 1st duo Swiss government quotas for residence permits which is like 5K per year only, 2nd Your hubby will need quite a lot of $$$ on bank account to be able to sponsor You, 3rd duo Brexit if happen in January your husband will also need a work visa, at the moment situation is not bright.

Edit:

5K quota for residence permits in Swiss is reserved by priority: Swiss national spouses, EU memebr spouses, the rest for Non-EU.

thank you but what i actually wanna know if someone has applied from hk for this visa. and their experience

Quote Originally Posted by themg:
    thank you but what i actually wanna know if someone has applied from hk for this visa. and their experience
    Husband of my sister did, and waiting already over a year to get in! Sister Austrian living in Swiss, her husband Russian stuck in China waiting since his HK visa expired. Talking from 1st hand.
    shri and jrkob like this.

dang... sounds intense. Ill post once i get things going on!

whoever wants to, please feel free to share ur experience too its gonna be highly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by themg:
    dang... sounds intense. Ill post once i get things going on!

whoever wants to, please feel free to share ur experience too its gonna be highly appreciated
    You should try (this was advice by Swiss lawyer but idiot of sister husband didn't listen) to apply for any schengen visa (Russian friendly Poland, Czech or Slovakia), and apply for RP straight in Swiss, since it's much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by resurection:
    You should try (this was advice by Swiss lawyer but idiot of sister husband didn't listen) to apply for any schengen visa (Russian friendly Poland, Czech or Slovakia), and apply for RP straight in Swiss, since it's much easier.
    hey, i was totally gonna do that, but im not working right now and im scared if i get a schengen visa denied, then im doomed.

hubby's company said its pretty easy, i can even apply before he goes and registers - just need a cover letter and documet proof. similar stuff was said by a kind lady in swiss, she is part of immigration was so helpful... she said basically they dont care that much, they will clear the visa as long as im not a murderer or sex offender here and we have a legit apartment&job.

we were doing the settlement visa process in the uk... and that was a nightmare. i know swiss is tough to get to, but the check list is more friendly than the uk. keeping fingers crossed

- If it was a Germany i would say go straight, but there is another problem for you excluding brexit, Germany & EU lifting a border for workers from Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia from January 1st to work freely without any work permit or visa, so add on top 3-5 million competitors.

- Good luck!