Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jaz Paul
  • 1 Post By hannah01

Visa Subclass 500 (Student) for Australia - do I need an agent ?

Closed Thread

I THINK idp Australia doesn't charge any consultancy and application assistance fee for student visas and guidance.

What red flags are you referring to? You needn't worry unless your documents are dubious and you are not a bona fide student.

Fyi, I applied for permanent residency in Jan this year which was granted a few days ago. And I did all by myself

hannah01 likes this.

I'm not a parent but @Jaz Paul is right. IDP doesn't charge you a cent for their service. My student visa application (Australia) was handled by them without causing me any headaches.

Depending on your nationality, this can be quite an easy process and can be done on your own. I recommend going through the document checklist and making sure you have everything before applying. The key things are the confirmation of enrollment from the institution and the financial capacity evidence. Everything else is quite straight forward.

I think you can apply for the visa's yourself and no need any kind of intermediary service. I'm doing now a spouse visa for my wife and just following all the steps of the immi website (need police clearance, health checks from doctors, etc).

For your 590 visa, I think there is a condition 8537 which says you must live with the student. So I'm not sure if this still works if you plan on sending your daughter to boarding school and not living together.

You must live in Australia while the nominating student is in Australia.

While you and the nominating student are in Australia, you must:

stay with them
    provide them with appropriate accommodation
    support them
    provide for their general welfare

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visa...ng/student-590

*edit:

You will provide care and support for:

a student visa holder who is under 18 years of age or
    a student visa holder who is 18 years of age or older and needs care and support due to exceptional circumstances

Last edited by Jaz Paul; 19-12-2019 at 10:05 PM.

Original Post Deleted
    We didn't opt out for the 590 visa as I already had an older brother studying in Sydney (to act as my "guardian" ).
    jrkob likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    mate, as a guardian you will need to be physically present with your kid during non-school hours which is the main requirement of this visa. I know some people who work as well , but they do it within school hours which can be permitted by immigration in some circumstances.

Is there not the visa subclass 600, if you want to stay longer than 3 month?