Like Tree17Likes

Cylinder LPG vs TOWN Gas

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Random2389456
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    In this case if the existing appliances ie stove and Instantaneous HWS had lpg specific jetting, then one will need to replace them back to the standard natural gas jetting.. it’s not ‘just’ a matter of changing the gas regulator but the jetting in the oven, the hob and the IWHS.

good luck with that, hopefully it isn’t like building a pyramid for the average Hong Kong ‘service’ technician. Phone the specific gas appliance’s service department if they can send a technician out with the parts required and fit them.

probably going to get a ‘cannot’ response from whoever answers the service call !

Technician already visited and telling me if I buy 1630 hkd stove gas burner then he will install it for sure.
    Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Random2389456:
    Technician already visited and telling me if I buy 1630 hkd stove gas burner then he will install it for sure.
    Hang on a minute! The new $1630 appliance in standard factory form is already setup for natural gas, they only retrofit the jetting where LPG is being connected.. as you are hooking up to a standard town gas supply, then there is no jetting required.

Random2389456
    Hang on a minute! The new $1630 appliance in standard factory form is already setup for natural gas, they only retrofit the jetting where LPG is being connected.. as you are hooking up to a standard town gas supply, then there is no jetting required.
    Sorry, I don't understand what you want to tell me here.
    I am directly talking to town has supply.

Hahahahahha...

My wife is happy in both cases so she just leave it on me.
    Earn some extra brownie points and get her Towngas.

Sorry, I don't understand what you want to tell me here.
    I am directly talking to town has supply.

ok reading between the lines, they’re going to replace the entire ‘ burner ‘ rings not just the jetting in the existing burners.

fair enough.lol

Random2389456

They will replace a full new stove not just burner rings.

ok reading between the lines, they’re going to replace the entire ‘ burner ‘ rings not just the jetting in the existing burners.

fair enough.lol

fair enough.lol
    I think the tech is just going to simply hook up a brand new stove, no retrofitting of existing stove (not worth it).

Pretty sure the town gas people want some kind of certified installation, don't want people doing it themselves (can't blame them)...

Still seems kind of like something that should be "built-in" by the landlord but, yeah, HK landlords are not known to be the greatest...as a landlord in the US, I think I am required to provide a stove...anyway no one would rent without one so, yeah, I provide a stove...
    TheBrit and Skyhook like this.

Landlord not providing gas stove but I can take stove with me if I move again.
    I have moved a lot and so have my friends. Not one has ever taken their stove with them. Fridge, washers yes, stove and water heaters, no. Too much hassle.

BTW, I was told by my contractor that any gas stove has to be installed by licenced TG staff. Also TG stoves give higher heat than other brands, hence better for Chinese cooking style.

when i was in singapore, the piped gas were more expensive than the cylindered gas.. so obviously the payment is for the convenience and storage and etc.etc.etc..

does it make alot of difference ? I think if you already running a gased water heater, then don't see any point in insisting on a cylindered tank just to make it cheaper.. likely not going to move the needle much.