Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By shri
  • 3 Post By nivantj

PayMe In Hong Kong

PayMe In Hong Kong

Just sharing about PayMe in Hong Kong. They’ve lowered the age from 18 to 16 which makes spending, sharing money and making payments much easier for kids and parents too - way better than cash and octopus!

What does payme offer over fps to the kids account or tap and go?

Also octopus with AAVS

Hi - I think all are very similar and this is just my opinion but I think PayMe interface is a bit better, can pay at merchants for small items using QR codes, can easily split bills for taxis and has some discounts etc. Will all be a matter of choice I guess but it’s pretty handy to send money and have the kids manage a small budget.

thanks!

Our kid has been doing this for a while - u can open bank acct for them at 16.

He used the payme app for all of 1 $1 transaction and could not be bothered with yet another app to be honest and neither could I - transfer to his bank account and let him sort his shit out.

I probably still have the $99 in the pay me stored value acct. Should reinstall the app and withdraw it back.

And if your kid is 16 you can also get them a citibank supplementary card if you don't want them on tap and go.

Don't get me wrong.. I still write checks.

I am sure there is a time and place for payme.. Just not found it.

It's very good for lunch/dinner gatherings where everyone pays their own share.

Yeah it's good for p2p, and also for smaller stalls in the craft markets where they don't have or want to pay for a credit card machine. It's quick, secure, and free. And most importantly for me, no loose change.

Heard PayMe is loosing money and HSBC has fired/did not renew contracts with back-end/development teams, lets see how many of these new kids on the block survive new wave of VBs and/or inevitable demise of FinTech mania.. Always thought PayMe was a half-backed solution from HSBC just to be in the game without joining VB race and trying to compete with WeChat/AliPay without thinking long..

shri, tf19 and timonoj like this.