Like Tree26Likes

What is the best public space in Hong Kong?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Any that is designated a park - HK has some great urban parks
    Privately built larger public rooftop gardens
    Possibly newer waterfronts
    None that are designated a sitting out area

I would add good urban parks
    - Kowloon Walled City Park
    - Victoria Peak Garden
    - Sha Tin Park
    - Stanley Military Cemetery (not a park I know but a well maintained space that is worth a visit)

Cornmeal likes this.

Jordan Valley Park
    Lei Yu Mun

Victoria Peak Garden before 8 a.m. is magic. After 10 it's a slog.
    I've always loved Shek O Headlands in the winter.

East_coast and HK_Katherine like this.

Inspiration Lake

imparanoic and TheBrit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chubbya
    Inspiration Lake
    i decided to walk there from Sunny Bay the other day. Nightmare. HK is not made for walking!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauljoecoe
    i decided to walk there from Sunny Bay the other day. Nightmare. HK is not made for walking!
    The initial walk along the highway is not good. But branch to the right (heading towards Sunny Bay) and clamber up the hill and you will have stunning views of the lake.

How do you get there? I can't figure it out

Walk past the toilets at Sunny Bay. Walk to the right. Walk under the highway via the pedestrian subway. Then up the hill to Sunny Bay Road.

That’s the easy bit. But then the path disappears! I followed the drainage channels but ended up stuck between the lake park and the railway line. Fences on either side. I ended up crawling under a fence.the whole of the lake area is fenced off. The only way in is through the main entrance.

The alternative is follow the main road but there are no footpaths and the flyover section would be rather dangerous.

I use maps.me It’s good for walking but a lot of paths on there are not official footpaths, many times it have got me stuck.

That’s the easy bit. But then the path disappears! I followed the drainage channels but ended up stuck between the lake park and the railway line. Fences on either side. I ended up crawling under a fence.the whole of the lake area is fenced off. The only way in is through the main entrance.

The alternative is follow the main road but there are no footpaths and the flyover section would be rather dangerous.

I use maps.me It’s good for walking but a lot of paths on there are not official footpaths, many times it have got me stuck.
    Take the Disney train and walk from Disneyland station about 10-15 minutes along a shaded sidewalk to the park

Alternatively if you have a car there is very limited paid parking directly at the lake but because of high demand they are allowing free parking in the Bus lot which is only about a 10 minute shaded sidewalk to the lake.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2