Like Tree4Likes

Iron on repair patches

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Iron on repair patches

Hi where can I buy iron on repair patches for jeans? My favourite pair of jeans (from 1990) have some holes and I'd like to patch them up to make them last a tad longer.

Thanks

Manchesterhope likes this.

I had an iron on patch on my jean jacket once. Wonder what ever became of it?

DimSumBond likes this.

Iron on patches won't hold.

Where is the rip/ tear? How big is it?

I would use synthetic repair tape used to patch up outdoors brands and double side it if it were small. For larger holes, I would take it to some repair/ alteration shop and have them zig sag stitch in a piece of denim... if you pick the right color, it may end up looking like a pair of Visvim jeans!

What jeans by the way? Jeans from the 90's had the best washes of blue.

Manchesterhope likes this.

Thanks.Whats synthetic repair tape? And where can I buy it?

The jeans are the last of the super thick denim 501s before levis started using thin denim. I keep them because I scored loads in the 90s wearing them. I got fat in the 00s and when I started taking my fitness seriously in 2012 they fit again.

Google satin stitch. interface the hole.

East_coast likes this.

Ever so carefully snip away the frayed threads first.

Quote Originally Posted by Manchesterhope:
    Thanks.Whats synthetic repair tape? And where can I buy it?

The jeans are the last of the super thick denim 501s before levis started using thin denim. I keep them because I scored loads in the 90s wearing them. I got fat in the 00s and when I started taking my fitness seriously in 2012 they fit again.
    Usually they come with down jackets. I am not sure where to buy them in Hong Kong.

Legendary story. Good luck with restoring them back to wearable condition!

OP, ever find them?

CN Square has several branches and all kinds of craft supplies. I don't know if they specifically have this, but they're one of the best all-in-one shops.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast