Like Tree44Likes

Rainy season upon us.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Its raining cats and dogs outside with lightning, thunder and strong wind. Finally, a decent rainstorm in the city. I felt we haven't had a lot of these so far this year.

I didn't slept well last night because it was thundering non-stop during the early morning hours. Then I realize there was a black rainstorm warning issued by the HKO, probably for the first time in the last few years. Any report of flooding so far?

GentleGeorge likes this.

It was crazy this morning around 4am. I don't think anyone slept well in my house except my kid. Lol.

Coolboy and GentleGeorge like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    I didn't slept well last night because it was thundering non-stop during the early morning hours. Then I realize there was a black rainstorm warning issued by the HKO, probably for the first time in the last few years. Any report of flooding so far?
    There was a bit of flooding in Ho Chung ( Sai Kung ) last night, from a few reports I got via my FB friends, one had their bottom floor of their house flooded. Also reports of cars getting stuck in flood water trying to drive through some of the lower lying flooded roads and their electrics getting wet.

The usual stuff that happens thanks to HK street drainage, either not being cleaned out regularly enough or just not up to the drainage task during very heavy rain. Even where they are widening the road between Hebe Haven and Ho Chung, having the perfect opportunity to fix that part of the road that always flooded in the past, you guessed it, it's just as flooded as before, even after all the road widening improvement work.

Pretty annoying.
    Last edited by Skyhook; 06-06-2020 at 10:14 AM.
    Coolboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    There was a bit of flooding in Ho Chung ( Sai Kung ) last night, from a few reports I got via my FB friends, one had their bottom floor of their house flooded. Also reports of cars getting stuck in flood water trying to drive through some of the lower lying flooded roads and their electrics getting wet.

The usual stuff that happens thanks to HK street drainage, either not being cleaned out regularly enough or just not up to the draiange task during very heavy rain. Even where they are widening the road between Hebe Haven and Ho Chung, having the perfect opportunity to fix that part of the road that always flooded in the past, you guessed it, it's just as flooded as before, even after all the road widening improvement work.

Pretty annoying.
    Thanks for the update. Yeah now there are reports of flooding around the city:

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...abChangeable=0

This is a local TVB report on the flooding this morning, its in Cantonese but the footage is self-explanatory. Just click on the play button on the image and the video will start:

http://news.tvb.com/local/5edaeaa634b031e26dea8893
    Skyhook likes this.

Lots of lightning strikes, haven't seen so many in a long time but an even larger storm just missed us to the south!

Name:  Screenshot_2020-06-06-10-12-38.png
Views: 272
Size:  1.99 MB

Flooding in Taipo underground walkways.

Name:  rfmap24hrs0915e.png
Views: 263
Size:  264.7 KB

Coolboy likes this.

Kwun Tong and Sai Kung in the video below. Some flooding in TKO as well apparently
    https://twitter.com/rthk_enews/statu...646733825?s=21

Coolboy, AsianXpat0 and Skyhook like this.

Did we sleep thru it or did it not hit Gold Coast area???

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Did we sleep thru it or did it not hit Gold Coast area???
    This was an anti-cyclone.

The only thing that hits people living in the gold coast area are depressions!

Man, don't you hate it when its on a weekend that we get such a downpour? Why can't it be on weekdays? Now there is a red rainstorm warning. So much for my plans to spend some time at the beach today.

Last edited by Coolboy; 07-06-2020 at 10:46 AM.
    GentleGeorge and chuckster007 like this.