Like Tree9Likes

US Expats - COVID-19 Relief Check Issues - IRS etc

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thanks for the update. I think it is very likely the missing apartment number is causing the problem. Do they suggest anything if the check was never received in the letter?

no other info provided. actually the letter stated that the check/debit card is to come separately. Checked the website and it continues to say it will be sent the week of 1 May. So, nothing to do but wait at this point.

Just got this from the IRS web site. It said if the check is returned to them, we can put in our bank account information using the “get my payment” portal for direct deposit.

Does foreign income count? Most of us would be above the threshold thus not qualified right?

Quote Originally Posted by Grumbler:
    Does foreign income count? Most of us would be above the threshold thus not qualified right?
    Adjusted Gross Income - so that is after the Form 2555 deduction for overseas income.

I guess I just want to post this for my own personal amusement:

It comes in an envelope like this:

In terms of helpfulness, the letter just tells you to go to the IRS' website or call them. However, the IRS' website says to note if you call them you should expect to wait a long time.

Their quite through FAQ still appears to be the best source of accurate information related to these economic impact payments.
    https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/econ...rmation-center

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5