Like Tree25Likes

US Expats - COVID-19 Relief Check Issues - IRS etc

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

no other info provided. actually the letter stated that the check/debit card is to come separately. Checked the website and it continues to say it will be sent the week of 1 May. So, nothing to do but wait at this point.

Just got this from the IRS web site. It said if the check is returned to them, we can put in our bank account information using the “get my payment” portal for direct deposit.

Does foreign income count? Most of us would be above the threshold thus not qualified right?

Quote Originally Posted by Grumbler:
    Does foreign income count? Most of us would be above the threshold thus not qualified right?
    Adjusted Gross Income - so that is after the Form 2555 deduction for overseas income.

I guess I just want to post this for my own personal amusement:

It comes in an envelope like this:

In terms of helpfulness, the letter just tells you to go to the IRS' website or call them. However, the IRS' website says to note if you call them you should expect to wait a long time.

Their quite through FAQ still appears to be the best source of accurate information related to these economic impact payments.
    https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/econ...rmation-center

Oh man, my status is still not updated. I guess I am not getting the check in the mail then. Has anyone tried to call IRS directly?

Updates: I checked my status today and finally I am able to input my bank account information in the "get my economic impact payment" portal in IRS web site for direct deposit of my payment. I filled out the Form 3911 faxed it back to IRS to initiate a payment trace as instructed by their web site about 2 weeks ago, but I am not sure if these two things are related.

sftohk77 Any luck getting your check? The site says it was mailed on July 17 and yesterday I got my letter just fine but never got the check. Wondering if others got letter before the check but sounds like letters come out after. But maybe I was so late in this hoping there was no backlog and letter went out faster.

Irs Site says allow 9 weeks for foreign delivery but if letter came it seems like check is lost.

Treasury cheque

I received the letter first & the cheque about two weeks later

Tongbaos likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast