Like Tree25Likes

US Expats - COVID-19 Relief Check Issues - IRS etc

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Good to know, thank you!

I was able to enter my account in get my payment last month finally. Still waiting though.

For us, Still nothing and waiting.....

Well I got my check but no banks I use here will take it. Boc and hsbc refused to take it. Anybody know what bank here in hk will? For those who got it, which bank did you use. Thanks.

Well no luck so far. Tried another bank (can't remember the name) and no go. Citibank will but since I don't have an account yet I can't deposit it for 6 months after its been open, that's crazy.

I was going to send it to a family member in usa but none of the banks or credit unions they use will accept endorsed to him checks. He asked his credit union my options since I'm overseas and they said that since I'm his brother I can join and start an account online. I tried but now they said they want proof of local USA address which I don't have.

So I hate to do Citibank and 6 month wait so if anybody has a suggestion I'm interested. Thanks.

2nd Round Stimulus Checks

Sorry to those that have issues figuring out a way to deposit the check and if TurboTax says you're not getting a refund no matter what I tried I couldn't enter my checking account information into the appropriate place on my 1040.

Luckily I have a US Schwab Bank account, and I can take pictures of checks including the stimulus one and deposit it that way.

And in other news, round two checks are starting to be mailed this week. The Get My Payment tool worked without issues for me this time (for my address I just entered line 1 of my address that's on my 2019 tax return and I left the ZIP code box blank, and it gave my back my details on my first try). As my AGI was so low thanks to the foreign earned income exclusion the IRS' Get My Payment tool said my check is scheduled to be mailed this week. I'll hope to get it in 2 or 3 weeks.

You can play around with the Get My Payment tool at https://sa.www4.irs.gov/irfof-wmsp/status (You get 3 chances per 24 hours to enter your information correctly).

shri, MABinPengChau and Elegiaque like this.

Doesn't like my address, it may be that it has not yet processed my 2019 return (I just submitted it in December, very late) so it wants my 2018 address (different address). Will try again. Didn't think I was supposed to get the 1200 the first time as I thought adjusted gross income was looked at before the foreign exclusion. Will try again later- about to move my flat and forward it to my office address so hopefully check will come there. Can deposit into my dollar account at SC but there was some processing fee (of course) last time.

Glad that this thread has been helpful to some. I just checked Get My Payment hoping I could add direct deposit info for the 2nd round but it says the check is already scheduled to go out by mail. We’ll see how long it takes this time.

As I recall, for the first round I got the check first and then the notification letter a little while after.

MABinPengChau likes this.

For those still waiting for 1st round. I finally got mine today. Lmao.

How much are we getting for 2nd round? 600? No need to apply if we got 1st round right?

No need to apply for 1st or 2nd round, supposedly automatic...

I was surprised when I got the first round, didn't think I qualified. I will see what happens with round 2...

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast