Like Tree25Likes

US Expats - COVID-19 Relief Check Issues - IRS etc

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

I'll be damned. A check showed up for me in the mail today. I cannot see any date on it. @LoganH you used Charles Schwab International to cash it, right?

shri and mrgoodkat like this.

I got a check about 10 days ago, still not sure why as pretty sure I shouldn't qualify...whatever. Standard Chartered let me deposit the last check into a US dollar account I had opened a while back. Some fee involved...after than can transfer into HKD or send it to pay US taxes or whatever you use US dollars for (I still transact much of my life in US dollars...).

Gonna try to use my US bank account's app to deposit it directly into my US account when our HK office mails it to me...

Interesting. I got my first check a while back (a nice unexpected surprise) but haven’t gotten the 2nd or 3rd payment. I guess I’ll buy the missus something nice if they do come in.

I am able to use Citi apps check imaging to deposit all of my us checks.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    I'll be damned. A check showed up for me in the mail today. I cannot see any date on it. @LoganH you used Charles Schwab International to cash it, right?
    I used the Charles Schwab app, and I can deposit checks into my US Schwab Bank account. I can apply to deposit checks into my Schwab brokerage account. You just sign the back and take pictures within the app.
    However, I have a friend that deposited his check into his HSBC account by going into a branch in HK. There is probably a fee involved within HK banks, but I'd say ask the bank(s) you already use.
    Elegiaque likes this.

SC also had a fee, maybe 60 HKD? Doubt anyone lets you off without a fee...

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8