Like Tree1Likes

lost Birth certificate need help

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

lost Birth certificate need help

Hello
    I was born in hongkong at the british military hospital in 1986 my father was in the british army at that time. My father was not a british citizen at that time but now he is in uk as a british citizen. I was 2 yrs when i moved back to Nepal. I lost my birth certificate and dont have a copy and i need it now. Please someone tell me how can i get my birth certificate.
    Thank you

u need to fill in the form, sign it, post it with a cheque

https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/forms/forms/bdr87.html

I'd start here - click on the three tabs to figure out the process.

https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services....html#firstTab

More info:

https://webapp.es2.immd.gov.hk/appli...ssion_faq.html

Hi, thank you all for your reply. But since i was born in british military hospital will the current administration have those record and in the form as you have mention they ask for ID number which i dont have nor birth registration number or any supporting documents.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Suraj limbu:
    or any supporting documents.
    Get your father in the UK to help out?

Military Hospital Birth Certificate

How to order records of a new or replacement birth certificate for someone born in a British Military Hospital overseas

Soldiers would have had to register the birth of their child with their respective admin department and a UK birth certificate would have been issued from the unit Registrar of Birth Deaths and Marriages.

In the event that you require a replacement or need to discuss records please visit www.gov.uk and look for the section "Obtaining birth details from the Ministry of Defence" which explains how to arrange for a copy of a military hospital birth certificate.

Hi, thank you all for your reply. But since i was born in british military hospital will the current administration have those record and in the form as you have mention they ask for ID number which i dont have nor birth registration number or any supporting documents.
    Thank you
    I was born in british military hospital as well regardless what hospital in HK you were born in, EVERYONE has to register birth in HK birth registry.

You need to do a search but unfortunately this online service is closed due to the COVID-19

To tie in with the HKSAR Government's announcement, the Immigration Department provides essential, emergency and limited public services only from 23 March 2020.

During the above period, online services for applying search of birth, death or marriage records, or certified copies of such records are suspended. Any changes to the above arrangements will be announced in due course.

Search of Birth, Death or Marriage Records, or Certified Copies of Such RecordsYou can apply for a certified copy of an entry in the births or deaths register if you have the original or a photocopy of the certificate of registration, or the result of a previous search. Otherwise, you will need to apply for a search of the records first. There are two types of search:
    Particular search
    A search for any given entry in relation to an identified person (i.e. the person’s exact name and date of birth (if available) can be provided for the search). The search conducted will not exceed a period of 5 years.
    Suraj limbu likes this.

Thanks for your reply. So you are saying that my birth could have been registered in HK current birth registry and i can find mine. And what online search are you referring to? Can you please tell me or send me the link.
    Thanks

Thanks for your reply. So you are saying that my birth could have been registered in HK current birth registry and i can find mine. And what online search are you referring to? Can you please tell me or send me the link.
    Thanks
    https://www.gov.hk/en/apps/immdes2bdmbirth.htm

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast