Like Tree7Likes

Frozen Chicken

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Agree with what everyone here is saying re the taste of frozen chicken, and call me over dramatic, but it was always just the idea of having to deal with the 'ickyness' of frozen chicken that worried me?
    I am sure a lot of the French and Finnish chicken in citysuper was frozen, but however they thaw it works because it doesn't end up icky.
    Maybe I just have bad memories of my mum buying frozen chicken from Asda as a kid and looking at how gross it looked when she thawed it lol

There isn't much at Citysuper that isn't super expensive. For fresh "chilled" meats I find Yata the best. I stay away from US chicken here as it always looks like those chickens have seen some things.

There's a new brand of Thai frozen chicken at Marketplace, 600g of wings or strips for $59, no hormones etc with a traceable QR code. Tastes great.

When I prepare frozen chicken breast to cook, if it's going in pasta sauce or stir fry, I do 45secs on high on 1 side and 30secs on the other, so it's just softened enough to cut with shearing scissors. This way it doesn't overcook and retains some of it's juiciness.

Chicken breast can be a bit dry, I prefer the boneless leg/thighs meat. Just avoid those from China.