Stuck in a lift?

Have you ever been stuck in a lift?

Name:  AdobeStock_215262625-1170x780.jpeg
Views: 873
Size:  95.3 KB

Mr Chips likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Have you ever been stuck in a lift?

Yep. I got stuck in a lift with my wife and first son when he he was a toddler... it happened in our apartment block which was about a year old in Eslov, Sweden...

We called the number on the panel and they said they would send someone from Malmo... we lived about an hour from Malmo so I called 112... the fire dept. were there in about 5 minutes and they smashed the doors open without mercy and pulled us out.
    Skyhook, spode and timonoj like this.

Yep, got stuck in one of the rickety things in Lai Chi Kok a while ago. One of the old industrial bulidings converted into offices. Boiling hot, far too many people in the lift and about 4 flights up it went 'Clunk' and stopped. Not a great experience! I now choose my lifts wisely and opt for stairs when possible, certainly getting fitter for it. Stuck for about 15 mins and off it went and opened as if it was groaning that it was just too old to continue.

imparanoic likes this.

No, never. A few lifts scare me, though.

I've always marveled at the lack of lift accidents (same for escalators). The whole city would come to a halt.

I guess there is a thankless, invisible functioning government department behind the success (as well as German, Swiss, Japanese engineers).

If you think about it, next to water and electricity, it's probably the single most important thing that makes HK work.

Several times. Once at a place of employment in Ohio in the USA - for about 30 minutes. Another time in an office building in HK, just for about ten minutes. And once in my apartment building in HK, where I was stuck for about 1.5 hours with the management and fire department collaborating on freeing me (or at least on getting it moving).