• 1 Post By aquaman
  • 10 Post By Mr Chips
  • 3 Post By Coolboy
  • 1 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By TheRoadAhead

The abandoned places of HK

Closed Thread

The abandoned places of HK

One of my...um...strange or percuilar interest...is a fascination with the abandoned places of HK. Despite HK being such a densely packed city where real estate cost more than an arm and a leg, there are surprisingly quite a few abandoned places from fishing villages to factory, warehouse or even resort.

Here are two places that pique my interest. One is Ma Wan village which has been close to deserted for many years now:

Another is an abandoned "resort" at Tai She Wan at Sai Kung. It has these strange and bizarre animal statues which gives the place a post-apocalyptic movie set feel:

The Creepy Abandoned Holiday Resort of Broken Dreams, Pt.1

These two are but a small snapshot of the forsaken places in this city, there are many more. So do you know any abandoned places in the city? Been to any of them?

Last edited by Coolboy; 03-06-2020 at 02:50 PM.

the guy who makes these videos has some of these abandoned HK places videos and they are rather good, he actually comments on forum occasionally as well

Last edited by imparanoic; 03-06-2020 at 02:59 PM.
    Coolboy and chuckster007 like this.

chuckster007 likes this.

there is something similar to bar at 大蛇灣 in nearby 北丫. it has a state of the art outdoor kitchen.

Coolboy likes this.

I'm not just talking about just Ma Wan here. I'm talking about abandoned places in this city in general. Ma Wan is just one example. It's not limited to that though in this thread.
    Last edited by Coolboy; 03-06-2020 at 03:03 PM.

Give it another 5 years and you can include the whole of Hong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmark:
    Give it another 5 years and you can include the whole of Hong Kong.

I’ve been to Ma Wan a while ago but couldn’t find the place with the bunk bed and the couch. Good experience though.

ps: quality of the video is much much higher than what I get on YouTube and no lag. Is that 4K?

Coolboy likes this.

The abandoned supposedly haunted mansion on the Peak...interesting:

And speaking of "haunted" places in the city, there is a haunted red brick house in Wan Chai:

Last edited by Coolboy; 05-06-2020 at 02:13 PM.