Like Tree53Likes

How do people store canned food in HK?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thanks for this!

https://survival-mastery.com/diy/foo...food-last.html

https://youtu.be/lhT7VNRFkx4

chingleutsch likes this.

Canning food is a great way of preservation so you don't need to worry about where you store it. So long as the temperature of your house is below around 32C, and most likely, despite the heat, it will be.

You don't need to worry about canned food going off.

in

easy, if for a few months and you're worried about the temperature, wrap in plastic bag, then foil and another plastic bag, the layers of air and foil will keep the cans cool as it acts as insulator

Quote Originally Posted by Cornmeal:
    I'll keep this in mind if I'm ever without a can opener, and in some city without utterly disgusting sidewalks </barf>.
    Cornmeal likes this.

Canned foods will be fine, I brought lots of cat food with me when we moved from UK as she is really fussy and I didn't think I could get the brand here and 1 year on its still fine. I am more worried that my rather pricey face creams seem to be melting and "separating"

TaD_LaLa likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    as shown on TV, survival skills within urban area and under hot conditions, escape from hell by bear grylls, it was on discovery channel, are you stating that Mr Grylls the former SAS and chief scout full of BS?
    TaD_LaLa likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    I never "chilled' or cold, making up words as you go along and you are full of crap, we are talking about cannled food reaching mid 30s temperture and prone to go off quicker, i said, the temperture will significantly lower than the room temperture, if the case the room temperture is 35c, with plastic bags and foil and no direct sunlight, then the temperture of the canned food wrapped in two layers of bags and foil won't reach higher than higher 28c as the layer of oxygen and bags as well as foil will insulate it.

Original Post Deleted
    My parents live in sha tau kok and they have cans of abalone in their house but as the room temperture can reach 38c on the top floor and 35c in the ground, they have experiences of unexpired cans of abalone going bad even though they were stored in dark cabinet with no sunlight, the distributors refunded the cost of the cans when we complained and advised us to store in less than 30c, that was a decade ago and i used bear grylls method to prevent extreme temperture for storage of food items as shown on his tv show, it worked and they don't have to worry about this issue again

Original Post Deleted
    so you admit you're full of bs then and you mentioned 'CHILLED' when no one mentioned chilled and tried to force the word in my mouth, i can not be arsed to talk you anymore