• 1 Post By hullexile
  • 5 Post By hullexile
  • 2 Post By Tyresmoke
  • 1 Post By progammer
  • 1 Post By hullexile

Marriage annulment in Philippines - Lawyer Needed

Closed Thread

Marriage annulment in Philippines - Lawyer Needed

I am looking for a lawyer who can help with processing marriage annulment for a filipina woman. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the details. I contacted them already. I forgot to mention in my original post that she is not eligible to apply for divorce in HK because she hasn't lived here for past 3 years. So She will have to apply in the Philippines. So bit of a different situation. Planning to visit the PH consulate and get some details but i believe the process will be much slower if done via government, so looking for private lawyers who could get this done faster.

Can I not edit the original post to add this information now?

Last edited by shri; 23-06-2020 at 01:07 PM.

used to see these guy's ads on minibuses. give them a call and do let us know how it goes.
    葉謝鄧律師行 YIP, TSE & TANG, Solicitors - 香港專業律師

Quote Originally Posted by progammer:
    I am looking for a lawyer who can help with processing marriage annulment for a filipina woman. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the details. I contacted them already. I forgot to mention in my original post that she is not eligible to apply for divorce in HK because she hasn't lived here for past 3 years. So She will have to apply in the Philippines. So bit of a different situation. Planning to visit the PH consulate and get some details but i believe the process will be much slower if done via government, so looking for private lawyers who could get this done faster.

Can I not edit the original post to add this information now?
    What grounds will you use for the annulment? The most common is mental illness so be prepared to bribe a psychiatrist.

I suppose whatever works. that's not an issue. her husband has a family and kids and they have been separated for over 16 yrs. I think it should not be an issue. Just looking fora trustworthy lawyer to help and speed up the process.

I suppose whatever works. that's not an issue. her husband has a family and kids and they have been separated for over 16 yrs. I think it should not be an issue. Just looking fora trustworthy lawyer to help and speed up the process.
    The lawyer needs to be in the Philippines.

Annulment Process in the Philippines 2019 - Sanchez Law
    chuckster007 likes this.

Two mates of mine both went through this as their current mrs were technically married but separated back in Philippines. Both took a long time, one of them had to keep forking out money to his lawyer to bribe the courts people or his lawyer was milking him, anyways it seemed a very complicated issue.

Good Luck is all i can say.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Two mates of mine both went through this as their current mrs were technically married but separated back in Philippines. Both took a long time, one of them had to keep forking out money to his lawyer to bribe the courts people or his lawyer was milking him, anyways it seemed a very complicated issue.

Good Luck is all i can say.
    It is complicated and very expensive and longwinded. You are basically persuading the Catholic Church that the marriage never existed. Even Henry VIII couldn't do that.

I have heard about the mariage anullment process in philippines to be a nightmare. I was talking to some lawyers in the philippines and they quoted me 4 different prices depending on the urgency to get it resolved. Fastest they quoted is 6 months to a year. The problem is that I found them on the internet via search and I don't trust them although they do have some reviews on different websites.
    I came here looking for people with similar experience and find a trustworthy lawyer.

hullexile likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    What grounds will you use for the annulment? The most common is mental illness so be prepared to bribe a psychiatrist.
    Unless of course the present husband is, indeed, mental - as in my case - the psychiatrist needed no bribe
    chuckster007 and hullexile like this.

I have heard about the mariage anullment process in philippines to be a nightmare. I was talking to some lawyers in the philippines and they quoted me 4 different prices depending on the urgency to get it resolved. Fastest they quoted is 6 months to a year. The problem is that I found them on the internet via search and I don't trust them although they do have some reviews on different websites.
    I came here looking for people with similar experience and find a trustworthy lawyer.
    As long as you are aware. I went through a very straightforward adoption - the biological father was a lovely bloke and fully supportive - and it took a year and various bribes. Our lawyer was a relative and I wouldn't recommend him.
    aquaman likes this.