Like Tree13Likes

New Territories Tour-A different Side of HK.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Territories Tour-A different Side of HK.

If any Canto-speaking expats want something out of the ordinary to do of a weekend and Fridays, the company for which I work is running uber-chill New Territories tours; take in the panorama of the Tsing Ma Bridge, see Yuen Long Park's towering Aviary Pagoda, gawp at a magnificent ancient ancestral hall and study hall. Then indulge yourself with shopping on Yuen Long's main street at the original shops of two famous Hong Kong bakeries: Wing Wah for traditional pastries and Hang Heung for equally renowned almond cookies and egg rolls and wife cakes! There's also a dim sum meal included in this tour at the 1 Michelin Star rated Tim Ho Wan with priority seating. All these and a most comfortable air-conditioned coach and knowledgeable tour guides who provide historical, cultural and local background to all of the tour's stops.

All that, for $168. (+ $20 tour guide tip.) No forced shopping involved.

Price includes: bottle of water for each guest and a little souvenir.

Pick up at: K11 Mody Rd./Kowloon MTR.

Drop off at: Kowloon Hotel/ HK. station for easy transportation options.

Tour is designed for Cantonese speakers.

Get out of the city and see the part of HK. omitted from even the best guidebooks.

https://www.grayline.com.hk/tour/49

Last edited by angeluscomplex; 11-07-2020 at 02:36 AM.

Any plans for an English version one?

Quote Originally Posted by blueagles:
    Any plans for an English version one?
    Maybe

@angeluscomplex... sorry I will bite. Could you please consider not providing a plastic bottle of water? HK throws away something like 5 million plastic bottles a day, and as you know we have very little spare space for rubbish of all things. Even recycling that kind of quantity is mind-boggling. Could you consider suggesting your customers bring their own bottle of water? You can check out a website/app like Water for Free to see some refill spots along the way.

https://waterforfree.org/en/

(Same goes for "souvenirs" that will likely end up in the landfill in a matter of time...)

With the third wave upon us you REALLY have picked the wrong time to launch this. Good luck though (irony.)

Quote Originally Posted by David4Maths:
    With the third wave upon us you REALLY have picked the wrong time to launch this. Good luck though (irony.)
    Dave, mate. You mean sarcasm, not irony.
    juanalias likes this.

Why would I want to be sarcastic? Perfectly acceptable to make an ironic comment because doing this business now is totally that.
    I refer you to
    https://youtu.be/Jne9t8sHpUc

Quote Originally Posted by David4Maths:
    Why would I want to be sarcastic? Perfectly acceptable to make an ironic comment because doing this business now is totally that.
    I refer you to
    https://youtu.be/Jne9t8sHpUc
    Please, please, please don't open this can of worms with the Brits!
    shri likes this.

The problem you have trying to analyse something you have no idea about is that there is no intonation in written grammar, otherwise you might understand what I was doing. Been at this a long, long time dude.

Now going to get out of the water whilst the pedant piranha start to swarm.
    Skyhook likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast