Like Tree68Likes

Taxis who press on the accelerator for 3 secs and release it

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

The attempts at defending the generally shockingly bad HK taxi drivers is, er, entertaining (but not as funny as the subsequent p*ss-takes). I have on very rare occasions had Tokyo taxi-quality HK taxi journeys and thanked the driver profusely as any ignorant gweilo can (and tipped generously). But that’s about a handful of taxi journeys in 21 years in HK....

Quote Originally Posted by G.Sam:
    I think it might be some nerves or mental issue, like nervous tic. Many taxi drivers not only tourcher gas pedal but also steer left and right within a lane. Most of them probably don't even realize they are doing it.
    Or may be you are right and they just want to get passengers sick.
    Well I really hope the majority of HK taxi drivers don’t have nerve or mental issues.

It is definitely nothing to do with the car either as I have taken Ubers in HK where some idiots drive the exact same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolaas20:
    Well I really hope the majority of HK taxi drivers don’t have nerve or mental issues.

It is definitely nothing to do with the car either as I have taken Ubers in HK where some idiots drive the exact same way.
    Report them via the app.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaky:
    What would we moan about if the taxis were smoothly driven and didn't wreak of smoke?!

Actually... We'd probably complain about how expensive taxis were, and how we're forced onto suicidally driven buses as a result
    Nothing wrong with the (big) buses! I will defend them till my last breath. I much prefer getting to my destination quickly than the Singaporean model of spacing them out and making them drive at 20km/h in order to do so!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5