Like Tree51Likes

Why do people mock faxes?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Takes me about 10 seconds to take a picture of anything and share it via email, Whatsapp, LINE, social media, whatever.... even in the office, faxing takes about 10 minutes... and you never know the recipient machine has printed it properly or the person who want to read it has read it.

At home it would take me half an hour to print, go to the convenience store and figure out how to fax it.

Not sure if the OP is trolling or not! Faxes belong in the 1990's.
    I assume he is still dreaming of floppy-disks!

Quote Originally Posted by mucaari:
    I assume he is still dreaming of floppy-disks!
    Some people still have to...

https://twitter.com/AeroSavvy/status...58364478771201

An old machine that takes precious space, wastes paper, requires a land line and forces you to do things in one place. No thanks!

TigerSun likes this.

8" Floppies really do appear to be floppy
    Name:  8-inch-floppy.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  14.3 KB

Being thoroughly non-techie, I don't know if what I heard is actually true, but I have heard this explanation for continued use of faxes more than once (maybe someone can let me know how accurate it is/n't).
    I've been told it's much harder to "hack" a fax than it is anything to/ from a modern computer system. I do know that a lot of places that deal with protecting victims of human trafficking will only use faxes for exchanging information. They figure the computer security system that can't be hacked by people who want to get rid of them hasn't been built yet.

So, true or not?

haha the Fax machine, thankfully is very much a dead dodo over here in Aus. Everything is done online even with government departments these days. Plus they eliminated paper/plastic vehicle rego labels thanks to number plate recognition cameras fitted to all police cars, so no stickers cluttering your windshield/screen etc.Much better in my opinion.

It still surprises me that HK, bureaucratically speaking, is still stuck in the 1990's.

My office still uses a Typewriter.

I shit you not.

angeluscomplex likes this.

jgl

Anyone else miss the good old days when landlines and faxes were common, and some unknown fax machine would keep calling you up to try to deliver a fax into your ear?

CarterTG likes this.

You folks miss the major points supporting faxes over email. Don't always focus on convenience when transacting business. In general, faxes are legally binding documents and admissable in court whereas email may not be. Also, sending email unless encrypted is like sending a postcard with all details exposed. Encrypted email is possible but more difficult when sending to a new party.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast