Like Tree27Likes

Overseas permanent HK residents

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Overseas permanent HK residents

Can my HK permanent
    Resident friends who live overseas apply for the cash hand outs?

Yes, but they need to have a HK bank account with online banking.

joanfung, jimbo and Skyhook like this.

Yup what mrgoodkat said

I did the same via my Banking app.
    Submitted the details, Took around two weeks to hit the account

joanfung and Skyhook like this.

Yes, this is definitely possible and if they don't have an online bank account in HK, they can simple open a virtual bank account with ZA Bank but with the caveats:
    1) Need Phone Number in HK - get around this by having somebody in HK buy a pre-paid sim. It is only used to get the OTP to setup account.
    2) Need HK Address (no address proof required) but put a relative's address down.
    3) For iOS users, they need to switch their AppStore to HK before they can download the ZA Bank. Again, the phone number in (1) is necessary as Apple asks for hk number and OTP (no need to setup credit card). For Android users, easier, just download the ZA Bank APK from the website https://bank.za.group/en/

Process:
    Once the above is sorted out, open ZA Bank App to begin the account registration (5-15mins). It will ask for HK phone number, use the pre-paid number from step 1, but need to coordinate the time so you can pass the OTP > Scan permanent HK ID card > Facial Scan > enter personal details (2). Once that is done, in the main app screen there is a "Cash Payout Scheme" then wait 7 days to get the moonies.

Overall its not hard at all and if you find above is useful, you can use my invite code for ZA Bank "QW3X46" where I will get a referral bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Yup what mrgoodkat said

I did the same via my Banking app.
    Submitted the details, Took around two weeks to hit the account
    same deal for us as both my wife and I still had HK HSBC bank accounts and submitted details online and waited a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by martykay:
    Yes, this is definitely possible and if they don't have an online bank account in HK, they can simple open a virtual bank account with ZA Bank but with the caveats:
    1) Need Phone Number in HK - get around this by having somebody in HK buy a pre-paid sim. It is only used to get the OTP to setup account.
    2) Need HK Address (no address proof required) but put a relative's address down.
    3) For iOS users, they need to switch their AppStore to HK before they can download the ZA Bank. Again, the phone number in (1) is necessary as Apple asks for hk number and OTP (no need to setup credit card). For Android users, easier, just download the ZA Bank APK from the website https://bank.za.group/en/

Process:
    Once the above is sorted out, open ZA Bank App to begin the account registration (5-15mins). It will ask for HK phone number, use the pre-paid number from step 1, but need to coordinate the time so you can pass the OTP > Scan permanent HK ID card > Facial Scan > enter personal details (2). Once that is done, in the main app screen there is a "Cash Payout Scheme" then wait 7 days to get the moonies.

Overall its not hard at all and if you find above is useful, you can use my invite code for ZA Bank "QW3X46" where I will get a referral bonus.
    Please note anyone following your advice is committing fraud.
    aquaman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Please note anyone following your advice is committing fraud.
    Can you elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by martykay:
    Can you elaborate?
    Yes. You are lying to the bank and commiting fraud by doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Yes. You are lying to the bank and commiting fraud by doing so.
    From the ZA Bank website - https://bank.za.group/en/account-open
    If you have a valid hk address residential (relatives address) where they "might" post documents but being a virtual bank I hardly see them doing that - I'm not quite seeing eye to eye on this being fraudulent. If it is, then ZA bank is not complying with HKMA but since they have been approved by them I"m sure they've already reviewed their account opening procedures.

Only thing I see is that you shouldn't be doing is using some random address therefore you should be using a valid residential one.

Well, I completely disagree. Why don't you email and ask them if you are so sure you have not committed fraud?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast