Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By chuckster007
  • 1 Post By ByeByeEngland
  • 2 Post By mrgoodkat

Helper agency

Helper agency

We need to process new helper papers and visa.
    Her previous employer had terminated her contract 3 weeks back. She is in Hong King for 15 years.

Can she process her papers herself in Hong Kong ? Is there a new rule to go through agency.

Any name and contact for reasonable price agency ? All are quoting above HKD 5,000.

Quote Originally Posted by PKS_2000:
    Her previous employer had terminated her contract 3 weeks back. She is in Hong King for 15 years.
    Can she process her papers herself in Hong Kong ? Is there a new rule to go through agency.
    Terminated = Have to use Agency.
    Expect to fork out full money 5K up
    Helper should have to go home and wait for new visa to be approved that is why agency fee is higher, it includes flight fee to come to HK.
    PKS_2000 likes this.

Use an ‘alternative’ expat site that also does agency. Cost me 3100 normal price 3600. No complaints

Wasn’t sure if I could quote the name?

PKS_2000 likes this.

Thank you both. I appreciate info. It would be great if you can share contact details by PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PKS_2000:
    Thank you both. I appreciate info. It would be great if you can share contact details by PM.
    I’m not techie savvy and I can’t get it working on mobile but if you can send me PM I’m sure I can reply to that with pleasure

Final update: I talked to Immigration and 4 agencies. I understood from Immigration helpline that helper can proceed for visa in this case as well. I talked to 4 agencies and total cost in this case would be between HKD 4000 to HKD 6800. Due to complexity and situation, we decided to go ahead with one of the Agency who has relevant past experience.

Immigration doesn't care about agency, it's the consulate which requires the agency. They won't stamp the employment contract unless you are using an agency.

chuckster007 and PKS_2000 like this.