Like Tree2Likes

Finding kefir grains in Hong Kong

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thumbs up Kefir for life!

Thanks Cesta for the "plug".

However, I’m trying out homemade (by culturing, that is) kefir having obtained some milk kefir ‘grains’ from GreenCatalonia.
    Hope this helps…

===============================================

For those uninformed; I am a 81.75 y.o. "Old Fart" who, I reckon myself, has been kept alive for the last 20+ years with a meal of Kefir eaten with a mix of Muesli, raw Oatmeal, and several other ingredients every other day.

"Is it long life", some people ask me - to which I reply that several years ago, my wife & I took a 50+ day travel across Russia &"Scandawegia" - and before I left HK I put it into a glass bottle (the type that JAM came in) with a lot of full cream milk, and revived it very successfully on our return!

Great-great-great grandchildren of those Kefir grains are still on my breakfast menu every other day.

Healthy? Well, I'm still "alive & kicking".....................................

You can try Fusion and City'super.

At the Fusion in Happy Valley on Sing Woo Road, about 3-4 days before they expire, you can get a small and large bottle for $15 and $25 respectively (regular price is like $35 and $60ish, respectively).

Quote Originally Posted by natechan:
    You can try Fusion and City'super.

At the Fusion in Happy Valley on Sing Woo Road, about 3-4 days before they expire, you can get a small and large bottle for $15 and $25 respectively (regular price is like $35 and $60ish, respectively).

I don't want to be "a wet blanket" as I have never tried these offerings - either discounted or full price......

But, suspicious me, would suspect that the Kefir isn't going to reproduce after a commercial organisation has done its best to eliminate such on-going "competition".

The object of my Kefir is to form a useful barrier in my guts, so it really needs ACTIVE Kefir products in my intestines, something that my stuff really provides, and has for more than ~20+ years. <Grin>.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2