Like Tree32Likes

Helper issues

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

@ByeByeEngland there are non-profits that work to help provide financial education to helpers and keep them from getting into any of these traps. Maybe you can offer to pay for her to join? Or with a future employee make it mandatory that they attend?

https://enrichhk.org/empower-migrant...est-themselves

gigglinggal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    @ByeByeEngland there are non-profits that work to help provide financial education to helpers and keep them from getting into any of these traps. Maybe you can offer to pay for her to join? Or with a future employee make it mandatory that they attend?

https://enrichhk.org/empower-migrant...est-themselves
    That also helps thanks.

I should also add my gf is a Filipino (as was the 4 year ex) who also assists typically new entry helpers, renewals, terminations etc. I’ll check to see if she’s already got it, if not I know she’ll use it.
    chuckster007 likes this.

jgl

Worth commenting on Enrich again- our helper said that while she didn't really learn anything new from a money management/investment perspective, they gave her some techniques for politely declining the never ending stream of requests for financial assistance that she gets because she's an OFW.

on Enrich

tl;dr they offer a nice service, but don't expect all helpers to take the lessons to heart.

I also sent a helper to their courses. Didn't help, but that is more on that helper.
    That helper couldn't plan budget at all. Even after the courses. She had kids that she knew were starting university so her costs at home would go up for the university fees, but she wouldn't set aside money in prior months to save up for the university fees.

she wasn't even able to have the two envelope method of this i spend and this is save for emergencies. because something would always come up for emergencies so the money in that folder went poof too.

Sorry so to the OP

If your current helper is mature and experienced than she may be a lost cause for you

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3