Like Tree84Likes

Aug 19 - Higos - Lowered to T3

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Quote Originally Posted by angeluscomplex:
    The HKO. app DOES have a push notification which can be activated automatically once the app. has been downloaded for free from app.stores.

Their website and app need a serious upgrade, and older folks won't use their lackluster app anyhow...in some far corners of the country parks you won't be able to get 4 or even 3G needed for most apps but a text on 2G might still get though.

How many years will the first page results for regional weather yield a statement with "we've moved this and blah, blah, blah, you'll be redirected in 5,4,3..." just redirect the damn page and delete the old pages.

Static page, click link, new window, then redirect. 2016 and counting...

https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/...6122900601.htm
    Last edited by Cornmeal; 20-08-2020 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornmeal:
    Their website and app need a serious upgrade, and older folks won't use their lackluster app anyhow...in some far corners of the country parks you won't be able to get 4 or even 3G needed for most apps but a text on 2G might still get though.
    I wrote a tiny, lightweight Android app which just reports the weather warnings as notifications, a couple of years before HKO came out with their own. My app doesn't work anymore because I haven't bothered maintaining it, but I do miss having the warnings pop up without any overhead...

Maybe I should bring it up to date and re-release it, even though I'm sure very few people would choose it over the official app.
    Last edited by vmlinuz; 20-08-2020 at 04:42 PM.
    Cornmeal likes this.

Not exactly related but am I the only one who seems to get the notifications late? As in when a rainstorm warning is issued, the app only seems to send out the notification 10, 20, 30 minutes after in some cases?

Aug 19 - Higos - Lowered to T3

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    Not exactly related but am I the only one who seems to get the notifications late? As in when a rainstorm warning is issued, the app only seems to send out the notification 10, 20, 30 minutes after in some cases?
    Well I typed this reply at 425pm. Let me know when you are able to see it [emoji1]

I have android and IPhone and two different apps. Notification seems quicker to me on the iPhone version

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8