Like Tree26Likes

Anything new with parking tickets?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Original Post Deleted
    Pretty ridiculous that you can get ticketed more than once without moving your car. Coz legally that sounds like one continuous offence to me.
    MatthieuTofu likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Pretty ridiculous that you can get ticketed more than once without moving your car. Coz legally that sounds like one continuous offence to me.
    Sounds like very cheap long term parking if I can leave my car somewhere for a week and only get one ticket.
    Beuze likes this.

i realise that the police are too free these days after the protests are over

timonoj, ramelec and BCD like this.

Original Post Deleted
    Added bonus: you don't support the greedy parking companies!
    ramelec and hike like this.

It still amazes me that they don't tow and impound cars that illegally park in the busier city streets, if they did and made it say, $2000hkd to get your car back and all the feck around in getting it out, then folks wouldn't illegally park. Put the impound yard in Sheung Shui, just to make it as inconvenient as possible to get the car back, no matter where it was towed from. I reckon within a very short time, mofo's would just use the pay per hour car parks instead.
    MatthieuTofu and spode like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    It still amazes me that they don't tow and impound cars that illegally park in the busier city streets, if they did and made it say, $2000hkd to get your car back and all the feck around in getting it out, then folks wouldn't illegally park. Put the impound yard in Sheung Shui, just to make it as inconvenient as possible to get the car back, no matter where it was towed from. I reckon within a very short time, mofo's would just use the pay per hour car parks instead.
    Another thing they could do is cancel the vehicle license if that vehicle copped more than a certain yearly quota of parking fines, limit it to 5 lets say. After that your vehicle license is cancelled for 12 months.
    The attitude should be if you can’t responsibly run and maintain a car, then you should lose the privilege of driving the offending vehicle, nor can anybody else during the vehicle license ban period.

if they implemented a lot less attractive propositions, then illegal parking wouldn’t be a thing.Fining alone just doesn’t work in HK, but, inconvenience certainly would feck with their shiz!
    Last edited by Skyhook; 24-08-2020 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    I'd add that only the car's registered owner should be allowed to retrieve it and not his driver or employee...
    East_coast, Skyhook and spode like this.

I did ask for the rule a while ago. One ticket is good for 2 hours, maximum you can get is 3 per 24 hours on the same street.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    I did ask for the rule a while ago. One ticket is good for 2 hours, maximum you can get is 3 per 24 hours on the same street.
    thats an interesting situation... Over where I am, legally speaking, double jeopardy (non bid in idem)would apply and only the first ticket would be legal, not thereafter for the same day.

it’s an old law over here but it is awesome to pull out In court and I am speaking from experience. I wonder if HK law has a double jeopardy defense?

Maybe master @jrkob can shine some HK legal light on the subject.
    Last edited by Skyhook; 24-08-2020 at 06:30 PM.

Is it really worth looking at the tickets issued v number of current licenced vehicles?

Usually a correlation by the end of the year.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast