Like Tree26Likes

Anything new with parking tickets?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

They're definitely stepping up their game with issuing tickets.
    Saw them tow a motorbike on Sunday..

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Good to see the use of a tow truck to feck with these illegal parking tight asses!

And the guy parking used cars for sale in that spot near the scout hall/ hebe haven has been getting away it since I first moved to Sai Kung 20 years ago. I think his name is Lawrence. Funny thing though, I bought a W124 mercedes E320 24v coupe off him and got a parking ticket before I exported it to Melbourne lol he was well pissed as I had no intention of transferring the rego lol
    Good to solve another local mystery thanks! I’m failing to understand why the obvious solution isn’t implemented especially considering there are some seemingly free spots closer to town where people are ticketed. Then again it would be so much easier to convert them to 2 hour meters and the place I’m talking about doesn’t cause any obstructions ( Hong Tsuen Road is very wide!)

On the few occasions I’ve been tempted to buy a car his ones are way down the list. Much better options in Sai Kung and much better current options with leavers selling. Don’t really need a car but I’m tempted to hire a car for the weekend to explore large parts of NT still untouched by me but the way I’m reading the rules I need a HK license so I need to don’t that process first.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Good to solve another local mystery thanks! I’m failing to understand why the obvious solution isn’t implemented especially considering there are some seemingly free spots closer to town where people are ticketed. Then again it would be so much easier to convert them to 2 hour meters and the place I’m talking about doesn’t cause any obstructions ( Hong Tsuen Road is very wide!)

On the few occasions I’ve been tempted to buy a car his ones are way down the list. Much better options in Sai Kung and much better current options with leavers selling. Don’t really need a car but I’m tempted to hire a car for the weekend to explore large parts of NT still untouched by me but the way I’m reading the rules I need a HK license so I need to don’t that process first.

Yeah I agree that off street parking could be better organised in Sai Kung, adding more parking meters would be a good idea. Also where McDonalds, Starbucks and the post office, where they could limit parking to 15 minutes would help a great deal as it is a bit silly having to go to all the trouble of parking in the PITA multi floor wilson car park just to pop in and grab a couple of things and go.

For us as a family with children and two cars when we lived in Sai Kung, just made our life so much easier and immediate, which was a cost vs convenience measure, which we didnt mind paying, warts and all.

It greatly made taking the kids out to do various activities a LOT easier, allowed us to explore a lot more of HK and visit various friends who lived mostly in the NT and a small few on the south side of HK Island, making it on the whole, very kid friendly and certainly beat being stuck on public transport for hours over what was on a distance point of view, quite short but usually quite time consuming trip. Not great when it's hot and humid. So I dont regret it one bit, it made life a lot more bearable.

HK is great to own a fun car, I sort, of miss having a convertible, ( as road speeds are generally slower in HK ) which I owned various models during my lengthy time there, but these days have put that all to bed and tend to have a much less ostentatious attitude toward cars since we moved back. I was fortunate to have enjoyed these when I was young and don't have any mid life crisis desires, ( now) thankfully!

But it was great to just wake up early on a sunny Sunday morning and spontaneously decide to go for a cruise over to, Stanley, Shek O or Shouson Hill, for brunch from the Kung with the top down, we used to love doing that.

Original Post Deleted
    The Giverny is a low rise housing estate in Sai Kung.

https://www.executivehomeshk.com/bui...i-kung/giverny

Quote Originally Posted by talllatte:

Speaking of sai kung what annoys me the most is the free parking area inbetween Hebe Haven and the Giverny, all the spaces are always occupied by the same cars. It is crying out for a 3am ninja raid to move the cars using car dollies, that would wipe the smile off their faces to find their cars have been moved to the paying spots.
    not any more and this must have been very recently. All those spots are now meters. Just gone past it. Completely empty.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    not any more and this must have been very recently. All those spots are now meters. Just gone past it. Completely empty.
    Things moved along sooooo slowly in regard to 'that' car park, which had been complained about, year in year out, even when I first moved to the Kung in the very early 2000's.

Glad they finally put meters in, it only took them 20 years! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Things moved along sooooo slowly in regard to 'that' car park, which had been complained about, year in year out, even when I first moved to the Kung in the very early 2000's.

Glad they finally put meters in, it only took them 20 years! LOL
    Now all they need to do is tow away the cars at Pak Kong soccer pitch car park, many of them with license plates and paperwork removed. Occasionally some of the cars are ticketed but not the ones without plates. Many of the cars have covers over as well.
    Skyhook likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4