Like Tree10Likes

Quiet place to work: Tung Chung

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quiet place to work: Tung Chung

Does anyone have some suggestions for a quiet place to work in Tung Chung for a few hours (possibly on a Sunday)?

Need:
    - Good wifi (or outlet to support my phone's battery while I share my 4G)
    - Outlet for charging
    - Desktop space for laptop and mouse
    - Generally quiet

I would think the library may be the best place, but I don't know with the current situation if they would allow someone to sit and work (And knowing libraries there are probably some rules or limitations).

Somewhere else along the Tung Chung line could be OK.

Somewhere in the Novotel perhaps?

Hmm, good suggestions.

Does anyone have any sense of how "accessible" the library will be to sit for a few hours?

Novotel could be good, but I've never been there -- is it likely to be crowded and busy on a weekend afternoon? From one of their restaurants/bars, would there be a quiet place to sit?

My daughter just went to Tsing Yi library today. She stayed there and read books for a couple of hours. I think you can call Tung Chung library first before going to make sure their opening hours and make sure there is no other special arrangement on how many people can go in during pandemic as every library may be different.

Elegiaque likes this.

Novotel. Go down the escalator from Citygate and theres a little open cafe area. You can find a nice secluded table, order a Coke or Sprite and while away a couple of hours at least, or get 2 and stay longer (just felt wrong to order 1 drink!) Did this more than a few times. Nice, peaceful and good WiFi.

All the times I went I was either the only person there or 1 other.

Elegiaque likes this.

I used to live in Tung Chung, Sunday can be busy everywhere as it's the only day off for DH. Do you have a club house or have friends who can give you access to a nearby club house?

Elegiaque likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Co Co Nut:
    I think you can call Tung Chung library first before going to make sure their opening hours and make sure there is no other special arrangement on how many people can go in during pandemic as every library may be different.
    Special arrangements for library services, noted here:

https://www.hkpl.gov.hk/en/library-n...bs_202009.html
    rkenia852 likes this.

There are two Starbucks coffee, the one near the plaza is not good. But the one near the library on the ground floor tend to be relatively quiet with good 4g and plugs.

Pacific coffee also has more seats and comfy seats.

Novotel like people said but I haven't tried.

Resto bar/Atavola if you don't mind paying for a drink.

I'm thinking also the cafe/restaurant in Tung Chung ferry pier. Very nice view and tend to be quiet. No idea if they have plugs but might be worth the check.

Other than that the club houses if someone can let you in.

Elegiaque likes this.

Airport if they are letting people in again? It's very quiet these days. Excellent WiFi and many plugs. I used to like the area in arrivals near Pret.

Elegiaque likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    I agree. Tung Chung is the most awfully designed new town. I hate it. All the concrete, vast open hot spaces, how everything is spread apart... maybe if you live there you have a network of what you need, but for an outsider, ugh. Awful.

Anyway, thanks for all the helpful suggestions. Will try to make the most of my day. I think the library would be the best, but too "risky" that they'll have closed off any tables and chairs or have some silly unexpected restrictions (wifi maybe spreads coronavirus? limited speeds?). May go for Novotel, as there will be some options to move around if needed... Thing is, I don't want to waste time trying to find a spot, especially given how spread out everything is in TC.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast