Like Tree16Likes

Traffic question

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by PointingFinger:
    it's the dreaded combination of more cars on the road + wet weather. basically HK drivers don't seem to understand that rainy and wet conditions mean you need to adjust your driving style (i.e. slow down a bit) and therefore lots of prangs and bumps of various sizes that block the roads...and a small incident can lead to massive hold ups.
    Yep. I've seen two accidents in the last few days while driving. I'm guessing both were caused by people trying to sneak through lights that were changing.
    Coolboy likes this.

and rain always brings out the drivers/taxis etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiojiri Hiro:
    and rain always brings out the drivers/taxis etc.
    And bad driving.

There was a traffic accident near Victoria Park just after noon.

Nosey Numpties driving slowly and holding up traffic.

Original Post Deleted
    QED
    Sage and Coolboy like this.

Keep in mind the road closures around Wan Chai are also compounding issues.

Coolboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    Keep in mind the road closures around Wan Chai are also compounding issues.
    True, that's a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    I don't know if it's just me but I notice this week vehicle traffic on the road has gotten a lot worse. Jams are getting longer. Honking is also up of course. For example, this morning I had to drive to meet a client and I had to drive through Tai Hang road to Causeway Bay, man, the traffic was bad. The jam was snaking from Tai Hang almost all the way to Happy Valley.

Now this probably has to do with resumption of schools and the mad rush of everyone getting to the same place at the same time. Or is it? Maybe the many months of Covid-suppressed traffic has lulled us into getting used to the relatively quiet streets. So maybe this is actually a resumption of something close to "normal" traffic. Or has traffic actually gotten worse compared to pre-pandemic HK? What do you think?
    there would be less traffic if you took public transport to CWB
    Coolboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman:
    there would be less traffic if you took public transport to CWB
    Yes, that's a fair point. I would have gone to the meeting by MTR and minibus if it was just me going. But my boss was going too to the meeting and he prefers going there by car, so what I can say. The fuel cost I can bill the company, so at least there is that.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    I don't know if it's just me but I notice this week vehicle traffic on the road has gotten a lot worse. Jams are getting longer. Honking is also up of course. For example, this morning I had to drive to meet a client and I had to drive through Tai Hang road to Causeway Bay, man, the traffic was bad. The jam was snaking from Tai Hang almost all the way to Happy Valley.

Now this probably has to do with resumption of schools and the mad rush of everyone getting to the same place at the same time. Or is it? Maybe the many months of Covid-suppressed traffic has lulled us into getting used to the relatively quiet streets. So maybe this is actually a resumption of something close to "normal" traffic. Or has traffic actually gotten worse compared to pre-pandemic HK? What do you think?
    This week in particular has been quite bad. The sudden downpour on Monday didn't help. Any worse than pre-pandemic HK weekday traffic? no. However weekend traffic has gotten much worse around CWB (and backing up eastbound on Gloucester) for instance due to Times Square's parking deals or something like that. Increased traffic around HV is due to those relatively new traffic lights which worsened traffic downhill into HV quite ironically but I do recall uphill traffic along Blue Pool Road always being quite bad.
    Coolboy likes this.