Like Tree19Likes

Cohabitation

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by RMDNC:
    So it seems most here think Mainland Chinese and Filipinos are unscrupulous folks. lol I get the stereotypes but seems unfair to paint a broad brush like that IMO.
    To me, there’s a distinct difference between (rightly or wrongly) thinking/feeling certain nationalities might be overrepresented in that small proportion of people more motivated by economic reasons in finding partners, and depicting these nationalities as a whole as “unscrupulous folks”.

Imho, people who don’t appreciate the distinction tend to either be accused of being prejudiced, or accuse others as such. So to me, while I have appreciated the diversity of information and viewpoints you provide, it is ironic that you have chosen to raise this in a very oversimplified manner (by jumping to conclusions for others) after having suffered similarly...

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:
    To me, there’s a distinct difference between (rightly or wrongly) thinking/feeling certain nationalities might be overrepresented in that small proportion of people more motivated by economic reasons in finding partners, and depicting these nationalities as a whole as “unscrupulous folks”.

Imho, people who don’t appreciate the distinction tend to either be accused of being prejudiced, or accuse others as such. So to me, while I have appreciated the diversity of information and viewpoints you provide, it is ironic that you have chosen to raise this in a very oversimplified manner (by jumping to conclusions for others) after having suffered similarly...
    Great point to put more granularity into the motivations.

Not sure what you mean by suffered similarly. If you mean accusations of racism by myself, I don't take that stuff seriously.
    Last edited by RMDNC; 07-11-2020 at 06:12 PM.