Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shri

Anyone using Sam Harris's 'Waking Up' Meditation App?

Closed Thread

Lightbulb Anyone using Sam Harris's 'Waking Up' Meditation App?

Curious to see if anyone is using the 'waking up' app...I've been a fan of Sam Harris for many a year and took up the course about a year ago. It acts as a guide to understanding the mind and is a superb supplement to the examined life. It's such a positive investment of one's time and attention particularly given the year we've had (!)... but I can't help but feel it could be potentially improved by introducing a social aspect. Some of the concepts are inscrutable and would benefit from some back and forth, I feel.

If anyone is doing the course I was thinking of perhaps a whatsapp group — leading perhaps to a meditation /discussion meet up after this dumpster-fire of a year sorts itself out.

Open to other suggestions of course....

If you're not familiar with the app here it is, with links to the free trial https://www.wakingup.com/

Jeremy

Sorry... got stuck in the moderation queue.

Jmjmjmjm likes this.

No problems at all—thanks.

I haven’t checked it out but will.

Quote Originally Posted by rkenia852:
    I haven’t checked it out but will.
    Excellent! Be interested to know how you find it..

Waking Up App is fascinating stuff! I’m in the middle of the 28 day course, heading into the headless portion. . I’d be in for a WhatsApp group if you’re thinking about it. I’m on the U.S. East Coast (DC) so there would be time lag though. Best, wishing you much fun with the journey.